Health & Exercise

WW people - I need help

I rejoined last week (lifetime in 2004; marriage + job + life + 2 pregnancies = me 41 pounds over goal).

I was 100% on plan (the new points plus) all week - even had 22 of the weekly points left over. I lost five pounds. (YAY!) But I was STARVING all week.  Hungry all the time, even though I was eating nearly constantly and drinking tons of "liquids." (mostly diet coke)

I"m trying to commit to drinking more water (vs. diet coke), but I am still hungry today. I wake up hungry and go to bed hungry.  Furthermore, I am exhausted all day but then can't fall asleep when I go to bed at night.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this?  I expected the first few days to be hard, but I thought it would settle out by now.  This was also not my experience with WW the first time around.

Would LOVE a little motivation, because I am having a hard time seeing the downside to a binge right at the moment.

Re: WW people - I need help

• Stick with it!  I wish I could be more helpful but I am doing the old WW plan (circa 2006).  I remember feeling a bit hungry those first few days bc I was used to 1 serving of cereal being a mixing bowl full and 1 serving of pasta being 1 box...those smaller portions are a killer in the beginning.  Don't give up now...it will be worth it. I am not very familiar with the new plan but perhaps choosing food a little higher in fiber will help fill you up more?
  • I have always used them as a guideline for portion control. Maybe try soups, they are filling. Also I think I heard that fruit is free now. Lean protein has always helped me with appetite control (lean chick, turkey, egg whites, cheese, nf greek yogurt f.e.) You can do it! Good luck! Stay away from processed foods if you can. That always makes me hungrier and also keeps you bloated.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Points or Calorie Intake, adjusting your eating habits to allow for weight loss is never an easy task.  It takes time and commitment of the mind.

Remember, it took time for you to gain, and it may take that or more to lose.  I gained 60lbs in 9 months during my pregnancy and approx 13months to take it almost all off, minus 8lbs so far.  For 6 months post preg, I was in denial of my weight and didn't want to do anything about it, and I also had PPD 

Don't get discouraged.  It will take time for your body to adjust to the new portions, and even will take time to adjust each time you decrease your daily points/calories.

Find what motivates you...find what will allow you to continue this journey.  There will be days you don't want to, and you want to take a break.  

You can take breaks! Remember though, if you take more breaks in your diet that you should, you will not see the results you want.  Its a mind set.  I found if I set mini-goals, the bigger picture doesn't affect me.

If I see the total amount I need to lose, I will be 100% discouraged because "its so far away."

GL!!!

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"