Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

RPL Panel ?'s

OK, so I am a total needle phobe and have had some of the parts of the RPL Panel (recurrent pregnancy loss), done by my OB, but now that I am moving on to a major fertility clinic because of my losses they want me to do THEIR complete panel.  If you had this done how many vials did they take and did they break it up over a few visits?  It is my understanding that they might test for upto 35 different things and could take anywhere from 18-26 vials.  I can get through 3-4 in one sitting with a lot of help, (I use lidocane cream as a numbing agent, listen to ipod, and have a special "nerve distracting" device that is used on kids with cancer, oh and I even take Xanax for the blood draws when I am not pg), but I can't imagine having that much blood drawn at once.  Please detail your experience so I can mentally prepare for this next step.  

Thank you,

Sarah 

Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long imageimageimageimage

Re: RPL Panel ?'s

• Options

well i have been having a lot of lab work done from my geneticist. It wounds like you have a lot of methods to help get through it . if they take alot of blood then you may want to lay down when they do the blood draw.

good luck

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Options
    I am also interested in this. I havent had the tests done yet but am being referred to an RE who will run the RPL panel. Good luck with everything. I am sorry about your loss.
    Lisa~ Married to Matt PCOS~ 2010, MTHFR & Factor V Leiden 10/2011 Loving Mother to 3 children and 13 angels in Heaven Baby #4 EDD 6/17/12~Became an angel 10/18/11 @ 6 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers My little one You have left us too soon Though my body can no longer hold you I hold you forever in my heart As precious and beautiful as this flower caught in time A mother's love does not forget
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my!  This sounds so extensive.  I have never been through this, but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope that you get some good news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"