Illinois Babies
Options

OB Referrals?

Hi - I need to find an OB for the first time -- and I have no clue!  Anyone have a recommendation for the chicago area?

Also, how did you find your ob?  Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~Sari

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB Referrals?

• Options
    What part of the city or suburbs?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are in West Town -- close to Wicker Park, Logan Square is close, urkrainian village area -- but I work downtown - north loop -- so either area would work. Basically city I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Downtown Chicago. Found my OBGYN ~4yrs ago when I first moved to Chicago and lucked out b/c she is the best. Now 21wks preggo w/ my 1st I have been seeing her as well as all the other Dr's in her practice. Can't go wrong with any of them (they are all women).  I am going to the Women's Group of Northwestern. I plan on delivering at Prentice, a natural birth. Dr. Murthy was very supportive of this, she actually asked me if this is what I preferred before I spoke with her about her. She recommended some natural birthing classes in the community since the NW classes aren't really focused on it.  I'd highly recommend them.
  • Options

I found my OB through referral and I love them.  They have two locations (one on Michigan Ave and one in River Forest) and everyone is awesome.  All three doctors are women as well as the two nurse practitioners.  They are so knowledgeable and have their own lab on-site which makes it so convenient.  Their website is very informative.

https://www.nyepartners.com/ 

Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagemagdalenamtz:

I found my OB through referral and I love them.  They have two locations (one on Michigan Ave and one in River Forest) and everyone is awesome.  All three doctors are women as well as the two nurse practitioners.  They are so knowledgeable and have their own lab on-site which makes it so convenient.  Their website is very informative.

https://www.nyepartners.com/ 

Good luck!

I am currently going to NYE.  They are all female.  If you go to an early appointment I usually don't have to wait more than 20 min past my appointment time.  They also have a nurse practioner who can do most of the basic exams as well and she is always available.  The doctors here also rotate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh good!  I found the NWMemorial link by accident and sent an inquiry - they are covered by my insurance for sure.  Thank you!  I am going to check out both places for the michigan ave locations.

I'll let you know.  :)

• Options
    imageAmJur:

Oh good!  I found the NWMemorial link by accident and sent an inquiry - they are covered by my insurance for sure.  Thank you!  I am going to check out both places for the michigan ave locations.

I'll let you know.  :)

Ok - posted this and already have an update.  NW got back to me and i have my first appt next week (thursday).  Yippee.  I dont think they believe me that I'm actually pregnant.   lol.  Going in to confirm - and then they'll schedule my first monthly check-up.  I really like the idea of the community birthing classes.

• Options
    Which practice did you go with? Great that we have so many options :0  Good luck at your 1st appt. My Dr. at the Women's Group of Northwestern did a blood Hcg test too. I didn't even call for an appointment until a month after I found out, lol.
  • Options
    The one on Michigan ave -- easiest for me to find. So far Northwestern.  I sent an inquiry to NYE as well, but havent done a physician search yet to make sure they are covered by my insurance.
  • Options

I saw Julia Harrison, certified nurse midwife. She delivered my DD at St. Mary's in the family birthplace, which is in Wicker Park. I absolutely adored her - she was very supportive of my wishes, very enthusiastic, very knowledgeable.

I would either go with her or my doctor at Ravenswood Family Practice- Dr. Kirley - if I were to ever have another baby. If I went to Ravenswood, I would deliver at IL Masonic, which is in Lincoln Park.

• Options
    I go to Dr. Gupta at Lake Shore OBGYN. They deliver at Prentice. I like her a lot, as well as the others doctors that I have met in the group so far.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    I go to the association for womans health on michigan ave/randolph,  my dr is Dr Gil weiss and he is awesome.  You should check yelp also for recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"