Potty Training

back to ground zero,,,HELP please!!!!

Our DD is 3 1/2...she was going potty in preschool and sometimes at home-now she's always wet in the diaper. I've tried potty treats, talking about big girls go potty in the toilet, and now I'm telling her she can have a sticker when she goes potty in the toilet. She threw a fit when she didn't get the sticker tonight.

Should I completely stop trying? She tells us when she needs a change, but makes no effort to go in the potty.

Re: back to ground zero,,,HELP please!!!!

• Put her in underwear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKelzinBoston:
    Put her in underwear.

I would 2nd this  

• Loading the player...
  • do you mean stop using pull-ups? I think she'll have pee accidents all over the carpet if we do that...or maybe use underwear under the pull-up? (so she feels wetter)
  • imageJulyMom1:
    do you mean stop using pull-ups? I think she'll have pee accidents all over the carpet if we do that...or maybe use underwear under the pull-up? (so she feels wetter)

PT'ing will never happen if you are afraid of accidents.  They are going to happen, even when she's fully trained...but it's how they learn and it's their incentive to go on the potty.

Try the Gerber training pants, they are slightly absorbant and will keep the floors puddle free.

FWIW, we put DS in underwear on Monday and he had 4 accidents the first day, 2 the next and has only had 2 since then (once while playing outside, didn't make it home in time).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely underwear.  She'll never learn with out them.  It's not really an accident in the pull-up, and accidents are part of learning.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"