Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Prune juice vs. Pear Juice?

Which do you find is more effective?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prune juice vs. Pear Juice?

• Options

We've never tried pear and prune never did anything for B when he was younger and always constipated. White grape worked pretty well for us.

Of the two, you'll probably have more luck with LO actually drinking pear juice, since prune juice is disgusting.  

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pear juice works great for DD and she likes the taste.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pear works great for my DS and I have no problem getting him to drink it
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I must be the odd man out. DD always drank prune no problem. Pear didn't seem to do anything for her, but prune worked like a charm!
    imageimage
  • Options

only have given when they were babies but DS used to poop hard pepples and we never had success with pear, only with prune. 

not sure what i'd do now since I can't see them drinking prune, unless you could mix it w/ something... 

• Options

I've never heard of pear juice as a laxative.  Generally, a lot of juice will produce loose stools no matter what type: apple, pear, prune, grape.  DS always did well with prune juice mixed with some formula when he got constipated.  We give him pear juice almost every day (it has less sugars than apple juice) and there seems to be no ill effects. 

One thing you might want to try is some apricot puree (I make my own by boiling apricots and putting them in the food processor).  Apricots should get the plumbing moving along steadily and they're sweet so you don't need to hide them in foods to get kids to eat them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"