2nd Trimester
Options

Is random cramping or light pains normal in pregnancy?

I'm 15w5d and am always scared of every pain because I previously had a m/c at 12.5 weeks.  At all of my appts. everything has been fine and the Dr. explained that pregnancy isn't always pleasant in that you can get various cramping or uncomfortableness but as long as it's not accompanied by bleeding I should not worry.

So, does anyone else get random light pains?  They're not severe but enough to make me stop and think about them.  I'm guessing they're growing/stretching pains?  Currently I've had them on and off for 2.5 days- but they're not all in one spot.  They seem to move around my abdoment from side to side, middle, etc.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Re: Is random cramping or light pains normal in pregnancy?

• Options

I don't mean to sound facetious but are you sure it's not just gas?

Gas bloat/movement feels really different from what it used to feel like before i was pregnant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I've had both general muscle soreness (all over, feels like I've done 100 situps the day before) and stabby round ligament pain (sudden, feels like I'm being stabbed in the gut, usually from moving suddenly or coughing or sneezing).

Some aches and pains are normal. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. I'm about 20 weeks pregnant and I have been getting cramping and pains since I was about 15 weeks. It's completely normal. The OB said it's just my muscles stretching and my organs getting moved around. Until you see spotting/bleeding or until it gets so bad you can't handle it... My opinion is that you're fine. However, if you're super worried... You can call the doctor. Also, invest in an at home doppler. Whenever I get nervous about the baby, I use the doppler to check his heart rate. That clams me down.
  • Options
    I get pains all of the time. I think they are even worse this time around. If I laugh to hard or sneeze....I will get a pain across my stomach. It is just part of pregnancy as your uterus and stomach are growing!
    The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That's what I thought!  I'm not worried about these pains b/c like I said they come and go and they don't make me stop what I'm doing- they're just there.  It's just nice to hear from others that yes, it is normal.  How silly of me to think I could go through 9 months of pregnancy without being uncomfortable ever!

Oh, and trust me, I thought about gas/bowel movements too but these pains I'm sure are unrelated.  No offense taken to the first poster! 

• Options
    I'm 26weeks today and still sometimes have cramping and light pains. It's just growing and stretching pains. I wouldn't be worried about it unless you start bleeding or they become really bad pains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i just had to research this yesterday! I started having some light pains/almost menstrual cramp-like and started freaking out. It's not major, and not accompanied by any spotting so I have a feeling that my uterus is just stretching again. Stick out tongue
    Luke17:6 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 since 11/2008 Diagnosed Insulin Resistant Menopur + HcG + IUI = baby!
  • Options

When I was at my 1st tri doc appt I mentioned that I felt like I was cramping from my period.  Doc said that it was normal and some women have that cramping feeling during their entire pregnancy (those poor souls). 

I think little pains are normal, but if you have anything out of the norm, call your doc.  I'm no expert by any means, but it sounds like you're within the norm.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"