Natural Birth
Options

hey mama's some questions

I hope I dont get flammed here...I dont know if I can take it (from the 3rd tri)

anyways, I am expecting DS anyday now.... hoping for a natural, med free VBAC

baby is head down but still pretty high up, I'm 1/2-1cm and about 75% effaced

any tips or tricks to help baby drop more? They have told me that he needs to drop in order for me to dilate. grrrrr....come on baby! I do NOT want another c/s

TIA!

Re: hey mama's some questions

• Options
    I've always heard that 2nd+ babies often don't drop into the pelvis until active labor is underway.   

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How long are you going to be able to go before they talk about scheduling a c-section?  40 weeks?  41 weeks? More?  That makes a big difference. You're at 39 weeks, so there's still plenty of time, or there should be.

In my experience, there's nothing you can do but "encourage" the baby but if they're not ready, there's no rushing it - and if you could no one would ever go past 39 weeks :-).  I'd say bouncing on a yoga ball and lots of walking would be good for helping the baby drop...but some babies don't drop until the onset of labor and that's perfectly normal too. 

imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The doctors are going to let me go to 40w....so 7 more days....

I have to go into labor on my own, they will not induce or use any meds b/c of my previous c/s

I've heard that 2nd + babies dont drop until labor starts too...but Im confused because the doc says I wont go into labor until baby drops....

• Options

Walking.

My castor oil advice got buried in the madness yesterday, but I would wait to take that until you are a bit more dilated. If you do then put it in a shake to drink it. Some find the effects not that bad, but others say they haven't pooped that much in their life. For me it was 3 rounds of diarrhea and then labor started. 

Shareena Mom to Ethan 8.17.06 Lillian 9.25.08 Ewan 1.30.11 image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic For all 3
  • Options
    Lots of walking and bounce on an exercise ball. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

What about acupuncture?  I had it done and that night I had terrible siatic (sp?) nerve pain, and could feel the baby moving a lot.  The next morning I woke up and the baby was noticeably lower.   Check with your insurance, mine covered 90%.

If you look online there are also acupressure points that your husband could do for you. 

• Options

Hmmm...

Moxibustion (this can help drop baby), EPO (ripening the cervix), homeopathics (PN-6 or others), acupressure (same vein as moxibustion), chiropractic (they can do something called a pelvic floor release, encouraging bound ligaments, muscles, and tendons to loosen, allowing baby to drop), hula dancing or belly dancing. 

Good luck, that is all I can think of right now. 

• Options
    I've heard (this is my first.. so I don't know) but bouncing on an exercise/birthing ball can help.. plus walking!  Good luck!

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
    http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I did acupuncture for the first time yesterday, and baby dropped a TON last night, and my OB noticed today. So that is my advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Squatting, pelivic circles and rocking, walking, visualization.  I squatted through my pregnancy and I really think it helped the baby engaged early by opening up my pelvis.  Good luck lady.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"