LGBT Parenting
Options

It's PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday!

QOTD:  Did your family celebrate Valentine's Day?  How do you celebrate/will you celebrate with your kiddos?

Re: It's PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday!

• Options

I think I've made it abundantly known that we had our IUI yesterday, and feel pretty positive about it. :)  I also realize that I might be seen as naive (not to mention a huge AW) to think it could happen so quickly and easily.  But honestly, I've been through enough darkness in my life that I've decided to celebrate every little happiness.  Today is all there is, right?  Okay, enough qualifying.

AOTD:  My parents always left heart of candies on my place at the table V-day morning.  Sometimes I got other gifts (jewelry, usually) and sometimes just the candy. I like to think we'll make hand-made Valentine's with our kids, but only time will tell!  Of course, candy!

• Options

A just noticed yesterday that she now has a swing at home, she spent the better part of the afternoon on it. 

I am feeling like a single parent this week...  J's Dad was admitted to the hospital Monday night (pancreatitis) and likely will be there until at least Friday so she hasn't spent any time at home with us.  Yesterday was her day off and she was at the hospital for 12 hours.

I called the adoptions deaprtment of our agency on Monday and still haven't gotten a call back, am trying again today.  Still no calls for foster placements either.

QOTD: My Dad would get us each one rose and a card.  I would like to do that with A but haven't started the tradition yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sprout is having a really good week. I hope he keeps it up despite visit being cancelled today (because of the weather).  Its such a relief to get those good reports from school.  RB is also doing well.  She napped with no pacifier at school for the first time ever!!  And not having it at school made no-paci bed time so much easier.  This whole thing has really gone a lot smoother than i anticipated.  She's also started giving her sister the most adorable kisses. they are big and open-mouthed and accompanied by this exaggerated "mmmm - waaah".  its so freaking cute. on a less pleasant note, poor RB is covered in hives. that child has the most sensitive skin ever - i used a touch of oxiclean on her clothes last week and i think it was a big mistake :(  Daisy is doing great at daycare and its nice to get back to a routine.  It also seems like she's over her fussy stage so my time with her is blissfully filled with snuggles and big infant smiles - love it.

QOTD: Growing up we recognized the day with little cards and candy, but it wasn't too crazy.  We get the kids cards (Sprout still reads his from last year all the time) and do silly things like pink heart shaped pancakes, dye the milk pink, ect.  We also send out valentines day cards to our close family and put together little gift bags for Sprout's class.  I like valentines day :)

• Options
    imagectbride08:

QOTD: Growing up we recognized the day with little cards and candy, but it wasn't too crazy.  We get the kids cards (Sprout still reads his from last year all the time) and do silly things like pink heart shaped pancakes, dye the milk pink, ect.  We also send out valentines day cards to our close family and put together little gift bags for Sprout's class.  I like valentines day :)

Great ideas!  Please blog your V-day surprises :)

• Options

Mandy - I like your attitude Smile Crossing my fingers for you!

CT - those kisses sound so cute!!

As for me, I am still in sleep regression hell. Boooooo......  I would like this to be over soon, please.  Aside from suddenly not knowing how to sleep, Henry is doing very well, and has been really chatty lately, making all these adorable ba ba ba's and wa wa wa's, etc.  So cute.  Still not crawling. Still wanting to very badly!

QOTD: We didn't do much.  My mom and dad would usually give me a little something - some chocolates or flowers.  Cecilia and I usually do the same - a card, candy.  When Henry's old enough to know what's going on, we'll do the same.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh, and butterfly - I feel your pain on feeling like a single parent!  C has been coming home most nights after Henry's bedtime lately.  It sure can get hard to not have a break for days at a time. (Two - you have my undying admiration!)
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Ky is still growing and trying to cut those teeth. We have what should be our final ortho apointment tomorrow. She will have an xray on her hips and then we will mee with the PA that has been handling her since birth. I am really nervous about this appointment and unfortunately the timing is terrible and I have to go by myself! 

And TTC #2 has started in earnest....charts, OPKs, and all that jazz. Thankfully our donor is totally laid back about it all and is "on call" so to speak...

QOTD: We both used to get cards and a small gift form our parents that morning. We also passed out cards at school during the Valentine's party. Ky already had a my first Valentine's day card picked out (I have got on for every holidy and we both write her a note and they get sealed and go in into her keepsake box) and we bought her a onsie/bib set and socks to wear that day!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Things here are good.  Ella is walking around like crazy which is good and bad.  Sometimes I wish she would just stay in one place or that we could go to field and just have her walk around in a big space and wear herself out.  She is also an eating machine this week.  After really not eating well or really drinking milk since mid November she is finally back on track.  She is litterally eating all day long.  One sucky thing is that she is getting sick again.  After 5 glorious days of health her nose is running like a faucet again.  I am hoping that she is over it soon but since she was exposed to RSV last week I am on the edge of my seat.  How I wish we had qualified for a second year of synergis shots.  Oh and I have a product rave!  A few weeks ago my non rashy baby developed the worst diaper rash.  Overnight it went from a little red to angry, painful and open sores.  It was horrible.  We tried our magic nicu cream but it was not helping with the sores.  We thought it might be yeast so we called the dr for him to call something in and the dr on call is md and a homeopathic doctor and told us to try a lotion with calendula.  It was awesome.  The next day her bum was completly healed.  We got this one at whole foods https://www.amazon.com/Weleda-Baby-Calendula-Diaper-Cream/dp/B000V4813S

Elise California Baby has a calendula cream that might be helpful for rb's skin.

As for Valentines Day.  We got a book and candy and made cards for school.  I have a coupon code for 10 free cards from shutterfly so I am thinking I will do some Valentines ones and send them to our family with Ella in red or pink.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagessg73:

Elise California Baby has a calendula cream that might be helpful for rb's skin.

oh yes, we keep california baby in business with our frequent purchases of thier magic calendula cream.  I just wish it came in a larger tub...i need costco size.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"