Houston Babies

Stressed!

Lately I have been so stressed and I can't afford to take a yoga or pilates class. I really don't know what to do to calm my self. Any suggestions?

Re: Stressed!

• Can you do the yoga at home?  I know it's not the same atmosphere as you get from the class, but you can do yoga anywhere.  At home with a video, in the park, and they even have videos you can download on iTunes, as well as iPod/iPhone/iPad apps.  

You can also try meditation.  It doesn't have to be all-out serious meditation.  Even taking 10 minutes in the mornings and at night to just sit quietly with your eyes closed and do some deep breathing can make a huge difference to stress levels.

Also make sure you're getting enough regenerative sleep.  Drink herbal tea before bed and make sure your bedroom is a peaceful place to sleep, without televisions or computers in the room if you can help it.  Good restful sleep is a huge stress buster.

Was all of this new-agey enough for you?  lol.  Seriously though, taking the time to relax and get good sleep does wonders for stress levels. 

• Hot bath and a glass of wine?  Alone time to relax?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"