Health & Exercise

Questions about pregnancy and Turbo Jam

Hello ladies,

First of all I lurk on this board from time to time. Mostly hand out on the July 2011 board. I have been doing Turbo Jam for a couple years and am determined to stay in shape this pregnancy. I CAN NOT seem to find any prenatal cardio dvd's that actually make you work a little. So I have still been doing my Turbo Jam, just with Modifications. I don't jump around when they do and my kicks are low. Anyone else? Or does anyone know if I should really just stop all together or can I keep with it as long a I modify?

Thanks for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions about pregnancy and Turbo Jam

• Keep it up as long as you feel good doing it.

And then read the Fit Pregnancy series here to feel good about that choice: https://cassandraforsythe.com/

• Thank you! I do feel good doing it, and I dont let my heart rate get too high. I dont do a crazy sweat work out, just something to get my heart pumping and going. Some prenatal workouts with just knee lifts and such are annoying and do not help me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm July '11 gal too. I lurk here a lot too. I am doing Turbo Jam. Just modifying as needed. Prob will until my belly causes my balance to go crazy.
  • imageaozmomma:
    I'm July '11 gal too. I lurk here a lot too. I am doing Turbo Jam. Just modifying as needed. Prob will until my belly causes my balance to go crazy.

Ditto Smile

• I'm still doing balance poses in yoga... "use it or lose it" should buy at least a couple more months for you <20 weekers.
  • I did Turbo Jam prior to being pregant and during my entire pregancy without issue- I did not do any modifications.  I continued to jump and do sit ups, etc.  Your body will tell you when your over extending yourself.
  • Again thank you ladies! I definatley don't want to be very paranoid about it. I know people say if it isnt creating a problem then continue. So I will, just wanted a little input from other moms to be :)
  • Hi Ladies!

I'm a Turbo Kick instructor (the gym version of Turbo Jam) and taught classes throughout my pregnancy.  Just remember to keep your kicks low, no kicks past your hips.  Always keep 1 foot on the floor at all times and rotate on the balls of you feet to protect your knees.  As for your heartrate, they no longer suggest keeping your heartrate under 140 - they now suggest going by the Rate of Perceived Exertion.  So, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the easiest thing you've ever done and 10 being the hardest) you should stay between 4-6 during pregnancy.

For more pregnancy fit tips check out my blog post! https://coachkarimoore.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-top-7-tips-on-exercise-during.html

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"