1st Trimester

Missing work due to sickness/ Anyone else??

Ok, call me weak. I feel terrible but I am so nausaes (sp?) and tired I have been  missing work days. I just can't make it to the shower or the car to get to work. Please tell me I am not the only one. I feel so guilty!!
Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Missing work due to sickness/ Anyone else??

• I took yesterday off because of some intense morning vomiting.  I understand how you feel, though.  I'm so nauseated and exhausted that it's hard for me to do anything.  I really don't want to use too many sick days now.  Today, I'm armed with crackers and Sprite.  I'm a counselor, so I'm planning on eating crackers every minute I don't have clients.  Having something in my belly all the time seems to help.

• I've missed 1 1/2 days since I've been pregnant and I'm suprised I haven't missed more!! Don't feel bad or guilty, just do what you can. I wish I was home right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been sucking it up as much as possible because i know i will need time off for appointments and of course when LO gets here.  I have adjusted my schedule to get out an hour earlier.  Don't feel guilty though.  If I could call out I would.  Everyday is an internal battle of making it to work so I completely understand. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Bella Caroline 4 Months
  • I took a half day today. Just couldn't do it.
  • I called off yesterday. I was miserable. Today I've been drinking lots of Gatorade and eating saltines...that seems to help. I don't think it's anything to feel bad about, you need to take care of yourself and your LO. Good Luck, hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Have you tried Diclectin?  Your doctor can prescribe it for you.  It really helps me with my nausea and kicks in in about 30 minutes.

BFP #1: 01/16/11. EDD 09/27/11. Molar pregnancy discovered at 11w2d. D&C on 03/11/11 at 11w3d. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy 03/28/11. GTN diagnosed 04/11. Started Act-D 05/06/11. FINALLY a negative beta 06/01/11!!! Cleared by oncologist to TTC in mid-October.

BFP #2: 12/30/11. EDD 09/11/12. MC 01/04/12. I love you always.

Separated 04/12.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am missing work this morning due to not being able to get up out of bed.

I am lucky as I was just able to reschedule my clients to later times in the week but I still feel guilty about doing it!

• I wanted to call out today SO BAD, but I'm here.  Like PP said, I'm trying to stick it out as much as I can because I know I'm going to need a bunch of time off for doctor appointments and obviously once the baby arrives.  My problem this week hasn't so much been m/s (though that's definitely an issue today), so much as exhaustion.  I'm so flippin tired all the time, but I'm also having trouble getting to sleep at night.  I'm miserable this week.  Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had to do that last pregnancy. Sucks when you haven't told people yet.

Better than throwing up on your desk.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I honestly want to give you ALL some much needed credit. I'm a housewife and pretty much relax all day when feeling sick. You ladies are amazing for working your jobs AND dealing with all these symptoms. 

Good job guys! :)  

10.2.10 Married my best friend! 12.26.10 BFP 8.27.11 Baby Logan's born
  • Just to add to what a PP said about Diclectin (sp?) - that drug is only available in Canada, but it is a combo of Vitamin B6 and the same active ingredient found in regular Unisom tabs (the OTC sleep aid). After reading up on it (and realizing it was OK'd on the medicine list my OB gave me, although it was categorized under "sleep aids"), I started taking half a Unisom and 25 mg of B6 every night. I don't know if it's the drug or just time, but I went from unable to function to pretty good most of the time.

Of course, if you really are too sick to go to work, Phenergan and Zofran can be prescribed. I still haven't been in for an OB appointment this time around, but the doctor's secretary said to call if I thought I needed a prescription for something. You might try doing that.

• imageMrsMiller1002:

I honestly want to give you ALL some much needed credit. I'm a housewife and pretty much relax all day when feeling sick. You ladies are amazing for working your jobs AND dealing with all these symptoms. 

Good job guys! :)  

This.

I am not a housewife but am temporarily under-employed (Cape Cod off season) and have stayed home almost every day for the past 7 weeks. I don't know how you guys manage. Kudos!

On the upside, I wonder if having work means more distraction and less time to sit and fret and feel like a bum, as I've found myself doing whilst resting.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I took 2 days off last week because I was so tired I couldn't think and seriously considered doing that this morning. Getting out of bed to get to work at 6:30 seems to be so hard to do now. It's like I move in slow motion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have yet to miss work - but BOY am I tempted!  I want to (like other ppl) save days off for Dr. appointments and what not.  I also have 2 other pre-schoolers that I have to stay home with if they're sick!  I need to save my days!

I think whether you're at home, OR work, feeling sick is terrible - just keep your eye on the prize! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I've already missed 2 days (1 full and 2 half), including yesterday when I was sick at least 10 times throughout the day.  I'm also barely productive when I am at work because I'm concentrating so hard on not getting sick.   Thank goodness I have a desk job at least.....I don't know how I'd manage standing all day as lightheaded as I am.  Kudos to those that do. 
  • I spend a lot of my shifts keeled over my med cart. I can't really call in without having my boss threaten my hours, so I just have to deal with it. 

I'm on dicletin and it just decreases the amount of times I throw up.  It's vitamin b6 with an antihistamine and isn't a sedative after the first handful of days (your body adapts). It's onset for action is actually 4-5 hours, not 30 minutes. You have to take it regularly if you are prescribed it (i.e. take it at the same time to keep the level in your blood built up to a therapeutic range). 

BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Um, I showed up at work at 3pm today. Spent all morning vomiting after two pretty good days with just nausea (after throwing up in the middle of Walgreens on Saturday, and at the grocery store parking lot on Friday). Every time I tried to get into the shower I got sick again. I literally sat on the bathroom floor with my blackberry for 5 hours.

I'm fortunate that I'm in sales so if I'm not always in the office it doesn't raise many eyebrows, as long as I'm responding to emails and voice mails. My two best friends are both 8 months pregnant and told me they didn't get sick ONCE during the last 8 months. Ugh.

Feel better. I missed two full days with the "flu" at the very beginning. I've been starting my days a little later as of late due to really bad mornings, but usually just make up a little time at the end of the day.

• I've been pretty sick but I've been going to work every day, mostly because I feel like people just don't stay home for morning sickness.  But I don't understand that!  I stay home when my allergies are bad and I'm not anywhere near as sick then as I am now with the morning sickness.  I say, if you can't make it, you can't make it.  Don't beat yourself up.
  • well I feel better, thanks ladies! I actaully do have a prescription for nausea and well it just doesnt do the trick like I was hoping! I feel as though I am NEVER going to feel better! Uggggg....it is all well worth it!! Luckily my husband makes enough to not stress...I am going to be a stay at home mom when the time comes....I guess it is best to get my rest just like the rest of you should! Thanks Again!
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"