Houston Babies
Options

Birthday party food question.

A's birthday party is this weekend.  Technically the party is from 10-12, but it continues with a tour at 12:00 that lasts as long as each family wants it to.  I'm not going to provide lunch since we have to be wrapped up with the food portion by about 11:00.  That leaves from 10-11 for food.  I'm thinking of doing light stuff like muffins, pb&j sandwiches, gold fish, fruit, cake, drinks, etc.  As a parent would you be ok with that? I can't see serving lunch at 10:00...but otherwise real lunch won't be until the families are done.  Thoughts?

Re: Birthday party food question.

• Options

My rule of thumb is when kids and families are involved have food. It helps everyone stay happy.

What you're planning sounds reasonable. 

• Options
    Sounds good to me.  People can just get snacks if their kids get hungry on the way home.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds good to me. We went to a zoo party from 9-11 last year and my friend did something similar. She had an assortment of sandwiches, chips, fruit and cake. It worked out fine!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I definitely like the muffins idea.  It's something with substance that the adults could get to fill up on (or *share* with their LOs) instead of a handful of goldfish.  (Whereas, the kids will probably gravitate more towards the finger foods).
  • Options
    I'd be fine with it. I'd do a mix of sandwiches though in case there are any peanut allergies.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"