Detroit Babies
Options

Newbie Birth Classes Question

Hi ladies!

I'm new to this board, but I've been around on the July 2011 board for awhile. 

I'm very interested in all the posts about birthing/Lamaze classes  and have what might be a stupid question. We're planning to deliver at Providence in Novi, but they don't have any birthing classes. Is it possible to take a class at a different hospital from the one where you're planning to deliver? I see that St. Mary's offers one which would be much more convenient than trekking all the way to Providence in Southfield. Even U of M would be better.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie Birth Classes Question

• Options
    I delivered at Providence Novi and yes they do have a birthing class.  I took it there.  You have to call Southfield and ask about the Novi campus.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    I'm signed up for birthing class at Henry Ford West Bloomfield.  The class meets three times on Monday evenings from 6-9pm or there is an all day Saturday class.  The bonus to meeting at HFWB is that the cafeteria there is pretty good so you can make it a "dinner date" with your hubby.  I'm also signed up for an infant care class there which is one three hour class on a Wednesday night from 6-9pm.  For information, you can call 800-746-9473 (8am-5pm).  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"