Illinois Babies
Options

OB recs for South Suburbs

We just moved to IL (southern suburbs - Chicago Heights area) and I need a new OB. I have an appt with one just to start, but am looking for recommendations. Anyone in this area know a good OB?
Mama to two sweet girls
DD1 Feb 2010
DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OB recs for South Suburbs

• Options
    Hi! I am in Steger and have been going to Southwest Women's Healthcare in Olympia Fields. There are 4 doctors in the practice and I like the 2 I have met so far. The nursing staff is fantastic, too. Will you be delivering at St. James?

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• Options
    Southwest isn't covered by my insurance, but I got a rec for Well Group in Chicago Heights, and was really pleased with them during my visit Friday. My choices to deliver are St. James or South Suburban. We are brand new to the area and I don't know much about either hospital, so once we "go public" with this pregnancy I'll ask a few moms I know. Right now though I am leaning toward St. James because it is for sure covered by my insurance, and I actually know where it is, LOL.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My stepmom used to be head nurse of ICU at St. James and she thinks their obstetrics progam is pretty good. We already did the tour of their Lullaby Place birthing center and I liked the nurses we met. Don't know much about the maternity ward at South Sub, but they are a decnt hospital overall. If they're both covered, I'd recommend maybe touring both and seeing which one you like better.

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• Options
    Glad to hear good things about St. James. We'll probably go there because it's close and covered by insurance. We'll definitely be touring them first, though. My choice was easy the first time around because I was warned away from the second hospital in the city I was delivering!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"