North Carolina Babies

NBR: Charleston Recs

DH & I are going to Charleston for a wedding in March. We're planning on going down Thursday when he gets off work and will return on Sunday (so 3 nights). The wedding couple has 3 hotels blocked and the cheapest is $165/night (which is so much more reasonable than the $219 & $235/night for the other 2 hotels). However, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to find something a bit more reasonable. Any suggestions? 

Also, any suggestions for activities for us to do down there? We'll have all day Friday and a good chunk of Saturday b/c the wedding is at 5:30pm. Thanks!

Re: NBR: Charleston Recs

• DH and I went in October and had an awesome time. We stayed at the Doubletree right beside the Market. It was an AWESOME location. We parked our car and didn't touch it until it was time to leave. I'm not sure what the price was, as my IL's paid for it with their Hilton points. But it was super nice.

We just walked around and saw the sights--the Market, the battery, the old Citadel, all the good shopping, etc. We did lots of eating (I have some great restaurant recs if you'd like them!) We did a ghost tour one night, which I thought would be hokey, but it was actually really cool, if you like history. Horse carriage tours are big down there, but we didn't do it--just ran out of time. I loved just strolling around and checking out the awesome old homes.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I tend to stay at the beach when I go (Isle of Palms, Folly Beach) and travel into Charleston throughout my stay.

I would highly recommend Hank's in downtown Charleston to eat at if you are looking for a nice restaurant.

• Loading the player...
  • We stayed at the La Quinta in N. Charleston when we went.  Parts of N. Chas are bad, but the La Quinta isn't in a bad area.  It's about a 10-15 min drive into the downtown area.  We paid less then $90/night and the hotel was in awesome shape.  Much much nicer then we expected.  We stay at the La Quinta quite often because they are pet friendly, and this was the nicest one I'd been in.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"