Potty Training

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already!

DS (26.5 months) is starting to PT and doing quite well.  We haven't really been following any particular method, but might consider the 3day PTing at some point soon.  What I've seen on here recently is not to expect them to go the night without peeing initially...  That, I am fine with.  However, can we do PTing (3day or anything else) if DS is still in his crib, with us having no plans to change him from his crib to bed any time soon?  I know I need to get the book to get the "full" answer, but I was just checking to see if anyone had any advice.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already!

• Day and night training are totally not connected.  Some kids will get both at the same time or around the same time but most kids take a lot longer to night train.  I know some of my 4 1/2 year olds friends still wear pull-ups at night but have been day trained since they were around 2 1/2 to 3.  You can totally do day time training if your child is showing signs and have him in the crib at night.  Just know that if your child calls to go potty at naps or at night, you will need to get to him fast since he can't get up and go on his own and you can also have him sleep in a pull-up and be in undies the rest of the time.  When my older DD potty trained at 2 years 9 months, she was actually night trained first (would wake up dry and wake up on her own if she had to go potty) but we still had her sleep in pull-ups for a few months of waking up dry since her getting a good nights sleep vs having to deal with wet sheets in the middle of the night was more important.  She has only had a few night time accidents in all this time.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"