Hawaii Babies

11.5 weeks and not eating much?

DH and i have noticed that E has not been eating as much these past couple of days. I EP and give BM in the bottle so we know how much she takes. she does not seem like she's sick or anything. she still looks happy and smiles a lot. sh has also been sleeping a tad longer now (9pm - 7 am last night) so we expect her to be really hungry when she wakes up but this morning she only ate 2:5 ozs. i am not sure if this is normal and should stop worrying. i know there is a 3 mo growth spurt where she should be eating more but it seems like she's doing the opposite? we'll observe again tonight and will call the pedi ofc tomorrow if she's still not eating much.

Re: 11.5 weeks and not eating much?

• Breastfed babies usually take no more than 3 oz. by bottle, so 2.5 oz. is actually really good. Maybe she was eating MORE before and is not leveling off? I'd go by the number of wet/dirty diapers and as long as you have several diaper changes/day you're good. Could also be teething...Libby started teething around 3 months and I noticed changes in her feeding when it started.
  • Thanks Lori! I EP so I give BM in a bottle. She seems to have her appetite back now :-). Hmmm, she's been drooling a lot lately so I don't know if she's started teething? She's 12 weeks today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"