Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone have high E2 levels for IVF on day of trigger?

ER is scheduled for Monday.  I have 22 eggs, 13 that are measuring mature. My E2 levels are pretty high at 4,000 so they have to watch me closely. They said I have a 30% of developing OHSS. If that happens they will have to freeze my eggs. Im pretty upset about that. I worked so hard hoping to have fresh eggs to transfer. I keep saying I still have a 70% chance that I will be ok. So far they said I have no signs of it but to be aware I could develop it.

Any of you guys have some tips on how to avoid it? Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have high E2 levels for IVF on day of trigger?

• Options

Mine was abut 8,000. I drank NOTHING except gatorade from trigger all the way until transfer. They told me no water or other drinks, just gatorade. 

I did not get severe OHSS.Good Luck! =) 

• Options
    Yup, from what I remember, I was well over 5,000 the day of my ER. As LMC said, I also lived off of Gatorade and protein shakes and did not develop OHSS. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My E2 was right around 4,000 at trigger.  They had me do a 5,000 unit trigger instead of 10,000 unit to try to avoid OHSS. 

I had some mild symptoms of OHSS, but it didn't delay my transfer at all and resolved on its own (with lots of Gatorade and rest).  I just ended up taking an extra day off work. 

Good luck!

Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
  • Options
    imagelmc5004:

Mine was abut 8,000. I drank NOTHING except gatorade from trigger all the way until transfer. They told me no water or other drinks, just gatorade. 

Thank you so much for responding. This might be dumb but about how much Gatorade did you drink? Like 4 glasses or much more? My Dr said to mix water with Gatorade for it not to be too salty.

Thanks!!!

• Options

imageMyShellyBelly:
    Yup, from what I remember, I was well over 5,000 the day of my ER. As LMC said, I also lived off of Gatorade and protein shakes and did not develop OHSS. Good luck!

Thank you for responding. What type of protein shakes did you make? I might try that as well

• Options

I did.  Mine ended up over 5,000 and then they coasted me for a 2-3 days, but I was just a bit under 4,000 when I triggered.   I did not develop significant OHSS, but the two days after retrieval were painful.  My RE did an IV drip of Hespan the day after ER and then again the next day.  Then we did the 3dt.  And now I'm pregnant.  :-)

Good luck to you. 

• Options
    imageej708:

My E2 was right around 4,000 at trigger.  They had me do a 5,000 unit trigger instead of 10,000 unit to try to avoid OHSS. 

I had some mild symptoms of OHSS, but it didn't delay my transfer at all and resolved on its own (with lots of Gatorade and rest).  I just ended up taking an extra day off work. 

Good luck!

Yep they told me to do half to help avoid OHSS so Im doing the same thing. Im going to do lots or rest and drink lots of Gatorade. Thank you

• Options
    Mine was 10,000 at trigger. About 4 days before trigger the put me on a very strict fluid restriction. Only one 32 ounce gatorade a day and absolutely NO water!!!! You want all the sodium from it because it forces your kidneys to absorb any fluid that might be building up but there are enough electrolytes to keep you from getting to dehydrated. I had 25 eggs retrieved and never ended up in the hospital even after getting pregnant with twins. I was on the fluid restriction for almost 4 weeks total which was very hard but it worked!!!
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

Mine was 6000 at trigger, and I drank at least 75grams of protein each day (I just got the protein powder from Walmart).  I also drank around 90 ounces of gatorage each day as well. 

Good Luck! I had 40 eggs retrieved and was able to avoid severe OHSS with the protein and gatorate regimen.

After 3 years, 3 losses, and 3 IVF's, our little girls have arrived! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Zoo
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I really appreciate it!!!
  • Options
    imageMaddie753:
    imagelmc5004:

Thank you so much for responding. This might be dumb but about how much Gatorade did you drink? Like 4 glasses or much more? My Dr said to mix water with Gatorade for it not to be too salty.

Thanks!!!

I probably drank 6 to 8 bottles (16oz bottles) of it a day and ABSOLUTELY NO WATER.... I dont know why your Dr said that but dont mix it. The whole point of drinking it is to get the salt.  

• Options

With my first IVF cycle it was about 4,000 at trigger. I drank only Gatorade. I did develop OHSS, but luckily I downed enough Gatorade to keep them from having to drain me. (I was close.)

That cycle was a BFP, and the m/c had nothing to do with the OHSS.

Good luck! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"