Breastfeeding
Options

Back to work....supply suffering...

My LO is 4 months old.  I returned to work last Monday.  Last week my supply was fine, I was pumping enough to make three 4 oz bottles for Z to eat the next day.

This week my supply has been slowly decreasing.  Monday my first pump was over 6 ounces.  Wednesday it was down to 5 1/2 and today was barely 5 oz.  I need more than 5 ounces on the first pump, because the 2nd and 3rd sessions produce even less.  By my 3pm pumping session I only get about 3 1/2 ounces.

Help?  Am I just not cut out for pumping?  I have been trying to eat a little more and drink plenty of water in case that is my problem.  When I was home on maternity leave I had so much milk I was able to build a freezer stash of about 100 oz.  What has changed?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~

Re: Back to work....supply suffering...

• Options
    I hear ya....my supply started dipping after 2 months of pumping. If I could go back, I would lengthen my pumping time. At first I only pumped for 15 mins, now I pump for half hour and take supplements and I barely get 10-12oz TOTAL for the day. I too had a huge freezer stash which is dwindling now. I'm hoping to make it to a year at least and I'm trying not to stress about it....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Stress can affect your supply.

Get some almonds and/or mother's milk tea to keep at your desk.  Or, make some lactation cookies and bring 1-2 (or if you're like me, 3-4) to work each day. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"