Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help with Colgate Classica II mattress?

I'm so sorry to ask a mattress question -- I know there were lots of them within the past week.  But from those questions, I learned the difference between the Colgate Classica I & III.  But BBB sells only the II, but I can't find very much info online about it. 

SO.. do I have this right:

I = 1 level of firmness (very) on both sides

III = 2 levels of firmness for infant vs toddler sleeping

But what is the II, and how is it rated?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Help with Colgate Classica II mattress?

• We bought the Classica II at BBB and it is dual-sided for infant and toddler.  You may not be able to find much information about it, because I believe it's made 'exclusively' for BBB, which is why it is called a Visco Classica II there (see link above) and is slightly different than the regular Classica II.  I don't know much about the ratings of this one in particular, but I do know Colgate gets great ratings for their foam mattresses. 

Personally, I like how easy this is to lift and that it's dual-sided. 

ETA: to add underlined portion

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • From the Colgate web site:

Classica I: An extra firm, single firmness, foam mattress that uses the second most firm foam (1.5 lb. density) that Colgate puts into any crib mattress. This mattress has received the highest rating by several independent testing organizations. As a result this mattress has been widely recommended by authors of books and articles relating to juvenile products. Classica II: Another 5" thick single firmness foam crib mattress made with very high quality foam. This mattress appeals to people that want the benefits of a lightweight foam crib mattress and the quality of a Colgate Classica foam mattress. This mattress suits those parents that want a little less firm unit than the Classica I. Classica III: This is another dual firmness 5" foam crib mattress, like the Classica Supreme above, but the foam on each side of this mattress is flat. The foam on the firmest side of this mattress is the same foam as the Classica II mattress above. The foam on the less firm side of this mattress is still a firm foam but it is less firm than the Classica II foam.

I have the II and it has been great so far.  Can't beat it for the price!

• Loading the player...
  • imagetoddandjulie:

We bought the Classica II at BBB and it is dual-sided for infant and toddler.  You may not be able to find much information about it, because I believe it's made 'exclusively' for BBB.  I don't know much about the ratings of this one in particular, but I do know Colgate gets great ratings for their foam mattresses. 

Personally, I like how easy this is to lift and that it's dual-sided. 

Hmmm, mine isn't dual sided, it's just as described on the Colgate web site.

• same here.... not dual sided.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"