July 2011 Moms

Target or Kohl's for maternity clothes?

DH is taking me shopping for a few more pairs of maternity pants today, and I'm planning on going to either Target or Kohls. We are going during our lunch break so we don't have time to go to both. I've actually never been to a Kohl's, but have heard of few of you mention they have maternity clothes and it's right next to the Target.

So, in your opinion, which is better in terms of selection & price - especially for mat. pants?

TIA! Smile

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Baby Girl #3!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Target or Kohl's for maternity clothes?

• Our local Kohl's has really weeded out the maternity section and we have about one rack.  Target had a much bigger selection around us.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had much better luck at Kohls than Target, my Target only had really ugly jeans that were full of "premade" holes.  I've heard some Targets have better selection but mine was pathetic.  

If you open a Kohls charge you'll get an additional % off.  In my Kohls the maternity section is in between Women's and the baby area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I love Kohl's, but unfortunately our local one has greatly decreased their maternity offerings.  So, I'll be hitting Target this weekend and hoping they have some decent staples.

Good luck with your shopping!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Target has a very slim selection of maternity clothes.  I got some nice things at Kohls and had a 30% off coupon.  Good luck and have fun shopping!
    ~*~Khloe Catherine Born 7/29/11 ~*~
  • imageksevin:
    Our local Kohl's has really weeded out the maternity section and we have about one rack.  Target had a much bigger selection around us.
    This exactly.
  • With my first, I found their clothes to be really big and not flattering.  I only had luck with Gap Maternity.  I haven't checked this time around though.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• My vote is for Kohls! Other than a t-shirt, I've never bought anything at Target. I like Kohls because they carry petites, and they have great sales (plus I always seem to have a 30% off coupon).

And FYI, I went to Sears this weekend and didn't realize that they had a maternity section, and it was decent!

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Meh, I feel like they're both kind of the same.  It can be hit or miss at either one.  I got some great shirts at Target but the pants were horrible; I got pants at Kohls but they had no shirts to choose from. Good luck, I hope you find some good stuff where ever you go!
    Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • Our Kohls really doesn't have much. I bought a few things there in my last pregnancy. I bought my jeans at Motherhood Maternity, and Old Navy usually has cute tops. I don't think I have tried Target's pants. GL, you might have to try both! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers pregnancy calendar
  • Our Kohls has a great maternity section, but our Target has literally 2 pairs of pants and like 4 tops. I guess it depends on your area. I got clothes from both for my last pg and liked both.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've perused both and I thought Target had better stuff.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• My Target and Kohls' both had crap.  They both only had one rack of ugly clothes...not one thing in my size.  I have a feeling the internet is going to be my friend for maternity clothes :(

• Both are okay but in my area they don't carry a lot in the stores.  I have had much better luck (with both) with their online offerings.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're not opposed to buying online I just bough a pair of fabulous pants from motherhoodmaternity.com They're AWESOME!  I know it's tough to buy something you don't get to try on but we had a store here so I went and bought the stuff I liked online (it was cheaper!) I ended up getting a pair from the Heidi Klum selection but these pants were also awesome:

https://www.motherhood.com/maternity/pants.asp

On a total Side note I LOVE your blog Le Petit Pierogi - total inspiration for cooking!!!   

imageKristen61607:

DH is taking me shopping for a few more pairs of maternity pants today, and I'm planning on going to either Target or Kohls. We are going during our lunch break so we don't have time to go to both. I've actually never been to a Kohl's, but have heard of few of you mention they have maternity clothes and it's right next to the Target.

So, in your opinion, which is better in terms of selection & price - especially for mat. pants?

TIA! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to  both this weekend and although Kohl's have better prices (because they ALWAYS have sales), they only had about 3 racks of clothes and most of them were just plain tops and pants. I got an adorable dress at Target and 2 pairs of pants there. So overall, I think target is better. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
  • you ladies are lucky... My Target and Kohls both suck for maternity clothes... I have to go to the Motherhood store, which is pricey, so i've been checking local consignment shops, havent found much, so I'm moving on to craigs list and the classified ads!
  • imageashley_marie_1985@yahoo.com:
    you ladies are lucky... My Target and Kohls both suck for maternity clothes... I have to go to the Motherhood store, which is pricey, so i've been checking local consignment shops, havent found much, so I'm moving on to craigs list and the classified ads!

You should see if there's a clothes mentor around you. Friends of mine just opened one up and they have maternity clothes. It's like consignment but they only take really nice things. I'd just go there but it's kind of a hike for me.

Well you ladies seemed to be split down the middle so I called my local Kohl's and when I asked how the selection was she said "well, we have jeans and some shirts...." so target it is! I know my target has a pretty big selection. 

After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Baby Girl #3!
  • imageMartaVodrey:

On a total Side note I LOVE your blog Le Petit Pierogi - total inspiration for cooking!!!  

Thank you! I hope to start up again soon - I completely neglected it during the 1st tri when I couldn't look at food....

Baby Girl #3!
  • imageHarmsMomma:
    Meh, I feel like they're both kind of the same.  It can be hit or miss at either one.  I got some great shirts at Target but the pants were horrible; I got pants at Kohls but they had no shirts to choose from. Good luck, I hope you find some good stuff where ever you go!

Ditto :)

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

• I checked out a Target by me this weekend.  I was totally unimpressed.  There was nothing I would even consider buying.  Everything looked cheap or unfashionable to me... but I suppose it depends on your taste.  I do not like the normal clothes from Target either if that gives you some context.
  • Neither the kohls or target by me have a good selection.  I got most of my stuff online and at motherhood maternity for my last pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"