New to The Bump
Options

New and excited

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I was naively using my actual name as a user name. Now I've created a new account with a more anonymous name. I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant and in the final stages of completing a PhD. I also have a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter. I'm excited by the community here. I'm not only new the The Bump, but to message boards more generally. I figured it was time to join the 21st century! I look forward to learning the ropes and not making too many message board blunders.

Re: New and excited

• Options

Welcome! A few words of advice:

Lurk heavily on the boards you're interested in, and do an introductory post. Some of them are more tight-knit than others, and good lurking and an intro can make all the difference

Have a thick skin. People on message boards can be much more blunt than they would ever be in real life.

If you're confused about all the abbreviations, there's a link on the bottom left of this page called Bump Board Glossary. Very helpful.

The search function rarely works, so you'll have to do some legwork and look through a page or 2 of posts to see if your question has been asked and answered recently. You'd be surprised how many common questions pop up on a regular basis.

GL and congrats!

• Options

Thanks for the tip! Question, how much intro is appropriate? Are we talking 5 sentences or a few paragraphs? TIA.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"