1st Trimester
Options

i can't burp

I know this sounds weird...most pregnant women I know have the opposite problem and are burping all the time.  But I can't.  I will eat and feel like I need to burp, but nothing comes out. Then I start to feel sick to my stomach.  When I go to the bathroom, I gag and then finally a burp comes out. I only feel better though for about 30 seconds. 

I can't figure out how to solve the problem. I've tried TUMS and in my last pregnancy I tried Pepcid, but all that does is make me vomit.  I do not have heartburn either...its not painful just uncomfortable because I need to burp and can't.

I also do not eat large meals, and I do not eat and drink liquids together, yet the problem still persists.  

Has anyone ever had this problem? Please help.

Re: i can't burp

• Options
    Talk to your doc and see if it OK for you to take Gas X to help. I have to use it all the time. For some reason I have never been able to burp. Not even as a baby. It can get really painful. The only time I get any relief is if I throw up from having too much gas in my stomach or if I take meds. I have tried just about everything and the only thing that helps is Gas X. My doc told me that Gas X is OK to take in pregnancy but I would check with your doctor just in case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah.  Check on the Gas X.  I haven't had that problem since being ku, but I have had stomach problems before (basically an ulcer, only it wasn't bad enough yet to technically be called one) and I felt like I needed to burp ALL the time.  Avoiding carbonated beverages helps too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"