Boston Babies

Traveling to Boston with 7 month old

My husband has a conference in Boston and my 7 month old and I are tagging along.

Any suggestions on mode of transportation? We are flying in and I am not sure there is a need to rent a car, as we will probably do a lot of walking.  However, not sure the best way to get from the airport to the city. We haven't traveled in a city with a little one yet and I am not sure what you do about a cab/carseat, subway/carseat, bus/carseat?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Re: Traveling to Boston with 7 month old

• Luckily, the airport is minutes from the city and I would recommend a simple taxi OR, if you are staying in a hotel....a hotel van/taxi will pick you up from the airport. Once you land and retrieve your baggage, you can go to the hotel taxi line and find your hotel! On the subway (We call the the T), you do not need a carseat...the babe can stay in the stroller or on your lap. In a cab, you can bring a carseat if you wish, but it gets bulky. You are allowed to hold your child in a taxi and it is legal- but obv. not very safe. If you wish to put your carseat in the cab, that is fine as well and the driver is NOT allowed to say anything about it.

I would recommedn NOT renting a car because in Boston, everywhere is accessible via a very short T ride, cab or walk....parking is way too pricey and the traffic is a bear!

*Jennifer* Mommy to: Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Our Angel whom we m/c'd in Sept. 2012.
  • I completely agree with pp as long as your hotel is fairly central.  Do you know where you are staying yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"