School-Aged Children
Options

Kindergarten dilemma

Help please..... my son is starting kindergarten in the fall and we love his current day home where his younger sister also goes.

Do I try and find transportation to take him to the day home after kindergarten?  Do I find another program for him?  Any suggestions?

Re: Kindergarten dilemma

• Options
    Is it in the same district?  If so you might be able to have the bus take him there.  If not I would try to find other after school care.
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Options
    We do the after school program at the school. Our home sitter is out of district for buses to go. It works, she loves it. She actually tells me to let her stay longer on days that I am off and I get her right away. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you for the responses. 

It is a half day program in the mornings so he will be going to their before school program but they don't offer anything in the afternoon while the other kids are in school.  The day home is out of the district so I think that finding alternate care is the better solution.

• Options
    When we get to that point, we will be using the school districts before and possibly after care programs.  The program at my kids school is wonderful - they run the Pre-K program that my DD is currently in  and I have friends that use it.  I think having my child in the same place all day is great for her.  If the sitter is in the district, I am sure the bus could drop your child off there if you make arrangements in advance with the school busing office.  I would have a hard time asking someone else to take my child there everyday unless you have a very good back-up plan in place.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

DS started Kindergarten last September and he is going half days only.  The school provides noon hour busing for the kids to the dayhome. If there is no bussing then maybe full day kindergarten may be another option at another school.

One last suggestion is maybe finding a daycare near the school, where one of the workers will drop him off and pick him up everyday.  This is what we are going to have to do when DS goes to grade one b/c we live too close to the school and do not qualify for bussing throughout the rest of the elementary years.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"