Success after IF

Proper name for a pumping room?

Is it lactation room?  I have to write my boss an email because the solution our office has isn't going to work much longer (It was the bathroom on an unused floor in our building, but tenants are moving in soon).  Anyways...lactation room seems kind of blunt, but its probably correct?  Any other options? I don't know why this is so weird for me...sigh. 

Re: Proper name for a pumping room?

• At my last job, it was called a lactation room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my job its called the "Wellness room". I used it when I was pg to lay down for a few mins when I was exhausted. I've also heard it being called the Mothers Room.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The pumping room in the NICU was called the Mother's Room.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I would think lactation room is correct- nursing room?

tittty tent?

milk mansion?

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • At my office, it's called the "Mother's Room".
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I've decided to go with Skim's suggestion of Milk Mansion so that it will be properly opulent Stick out tongue

"Mother's Room" it is!  Thanks!!!!

• In reading the replies I'm just surprised at how many people's jobs offer a seperate room, that is great!! :)  I know 3 women at my old job used the boss's private bathroom b/c they wouldn't be bothered in there.  When I pumped I was able to use an office of a boss that left, so that was nice and private.  To answer your question though, I guess lactation or Mothers Room would suffice.  I think in BRU they call it the Mothers Room.
  • Ours is called the Nursing Mothers room.
  • Ours is called a Privacy Room, because it can be booked for both nursing, or persons needing a bit of privacy for insulin shots and such.  It has a sink, counter, round stool, and decently comfy chair, outlets and sharps container. 
  • My work calls it a "Mother's retreat"

lol

• I thought it was the law to provide a private/non-bathroom place for pumping...usually refrerred to as a lactation room.  Is this wrong?  I have no idea where this is at my workplace but I guess I will ask a week or two before coming back from leave...
    Cricket's Cadence
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageklaus:
    I thought it was the law to provide a private/non-bathroom place for pumping...usually refrerred to as a lactation room.  Is this wrong?  I have no idea where this is at my workplace but I guess I will ask a week or two before coming back from leave...
      I think the law is probably tied to the size of the company..it would be a "hardship" for really small companies to have to provide a place..... I'm an architect and I've never heard that it is required...
  • either 'lactation room' or 'mother's room'
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like titty tent (per Skimmy.)

I am sitting here thinking a clueless boss may not "get" what a "Mother's Room" is supposed to be for - I hope I'm wrong - but you still may have to say a "Mother's Room" for nursing moms..

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• imageTheSkimmy:

tittty tent?

milk mansion?

LOL, I like these the best.

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Hooter House?

Knockers Nook?

Do you need more???

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMouseygail:
    imageklaus:
    I thought it was the law to provide a private/non-bathroom place for pumping...usually refrerred to as a lactation room.  Is this wrong?  I have no idea where this is at my workplace but I guess I will ask a week or two before coming back from leave...
      I think the law is probably tied to the size of the company..it would be a "hardship" for really small companies to have to provide a place..... I'm an architect and I've never heard that it is required...

Companies under 50 can claim hardship, but most companies are fairly accommodating. 

https://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-09/health/breast.feeding.society_1_breastfeeding-breast-milk-working-mothers?_s=PM:HEALTH

https://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2010/05/health_reform_bill_mandates_fi.html

• imageTheSkimmy:

Hooter House?

Knockers Nook?

Do you need more???

hahahahahaha! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"