Detroit Babies

Questions for Hospital Tour

What kind of questions did you ask on your hospital tour?  Or any questions you wished you would have asked while you were on it?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions for Hospital Tour

• How long on average it takes to get an epi once it is requested. Some hospitals have L&D share an anesthesiologist with other wards, and some have one just for L&D. 

The visitation/guest policy.

NICU specifications.

How they manage guests. Does DH have to go get them, or will they call you to confirm they're welcome and then send them down, etc.

I know some hospitals in the area are teaching hospitals. So ask about that, if you are concerned.  

Mostly I just went with which place 'felt' the best.  

• Thanks for the tips.  Especially about the drugs :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely ask about whether they will feed DH. Beaumont Troy did feed him but it was snacky type stuff (although I could order whatever I wanted and share). Also, ask about lactation consultants, if you want to BF. I know at Beaumont Troy they only have one and she may not always be there.

Good luck!

Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • I didn't ask too many questions on our tour, because they covered any question I went in there with.  Our tour was about 1.5 hours, so it went over L&D, PP, NICU, and peds. 

I wanted to scope out how many outlets were in the room, and how big the fridge was, so that I knew our laptops and cell phones could charge, and then DH could put meals in the fridge for when he needed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"