Infertility
Options

Bloating and abdominal pain after IUI

It has been a week since my first IUI (1/10/11). I have been bloated since I took my first trigger shot (1/07/11), finally starting to feel better on Tuesday (1/12/11), but RE wanted me to take another trigger shot Tuesday evening and again on this past Friday (1/14/11). I am so bloated my pants are so uncomfortable and have pains that come and go in my lower abdomen area, and also in my lower back. When will this go away? Also, TMI, but last week, the day before the IUI, I had diarrhea and took 2 immodium. I didn't go all last week until I took a "gentle" laxative Thursday night (I never have to do that lol) and was in the bathroom all day Friday.... but haven't gone again since! My body is all screwed up... lol. Anyone have similar situations? Trigger more than once after IUI? Constipation, etc? I called the RE's office today and waiting for a call back.

Re: Bloating and abdominal pain after IUI

• Options
    Are you being monitored?  Why would your RE have you trigger a week after your IUI?  I would get in for an ultrasound stat to find out what is going on.  How many follies did you have?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am not being monitored now. I don't know why they had me trigger after the fact, that is why I was wondering if anyone else has had to. I didn't ask how many follies I had, my last US I think I had 3 or 4 on each side. I need to write this stuff down, I just feel like I am getting this and the next IUI over with so we can move on to IVF. Thank you for your help, I am so uncomfortable. Nurse that I normally speak to was out to lunch when I called before.... and have to pee but don't want to miss her call lol...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry... they had you trigger twice???  With up to 8 follicles?????? for an IUI??

You need a new doctor....

• Options
    They called it "booster shots" of Novarel. I had 1 cc my first trigger, then 1/2 cc Tuesday night and the last 1/2 cc Friday night. I need to get my facts straight too, I will let you know what the nurse says once I speak to her. Thanks for listening Confused
  • Options

imagejune06nj:
    They called it "booster shots" of Novarel. I had 1 cc my first trigger, then 1/2 cc Tuesday night and the last 1/2 cc Friday night. I need to get my facts straight too, I will let you know what the nurse says once I speak to her. Thanks for listening Confused

Oh dude, trust me, I am listening, and if what you are saying is true, then your doctor is being super irresponsible.  I would be on the phone to straighten that information out asap, especially since you are feeling bloating and abdominal pain.  If you did trigger with that many follies, then there could be a lot going on that would require medical attention.

• Options

Spoke with nurse, I had 2-4 mature follies total, and about 15 little ones (which may have matured by now), sorry for the miscommunication. She said I will feel this way for a least a few weeks, it is normal. I asked her what the purpose of the booster shots were and she said it was to keep my estrogen level high and keep me stimulated, and they were only little amounts so it wouldn't hurt anything. She said if I am doubling over in pain to call them immediately. I am not doubling over, but it doesn't feel good. Blech, I am going to have to roll out of work later feeling like this... lol. Thanks for your help again :)

• Options

My RE has me do a booster trigger one week after the first one.  You can see in my chart where those are during my cycle.  However I only do one in the 2ww and it's at 5dpiui.  It is to boost your luteal phase and to help make sure your progesterone level is high enough.

4-5 mature follicles is a LOT for an IUI.  Definitely call if you feel any worse--once the follicles release the eggs, they fill back up with fluid like a blister and that can be just as or more uncomfortable than before IUI.

GL.

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekaterena:

imagejune06nj:

Oh dude, trust me, I am listening, and if what you are saying is true, then your doctor is being super irresponsible.  I would be on the phone to straighten that information out asap, especially since you are feeling bloating and abdominal pain.  If you did trigger with that many follies, then there could be a lot going on that would require medical attention.

this, something doesn't sound right 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"