New Hampshire Babies
Options

DayCare

I know I know, I waited pretty much until the last minute on this Daycare issue!  I am due 21st of Febuary, and plan on taking 12 weeks for maternity leave.  I work in Manchester and live in Nottingham...Where should I be looking for a daycare? Close to work or close to home?  My salary isn't the best and it seems every place is higher and higher in price, and of course I want to send my princess somewhere, where I feel comfortable!  I would love to be able to stay home with her, but I would then need to take on a part time job (anyone need a sitter?) : )

HELP!

Re: DayCare

• Options
    I strongly recommend looking for something closer to your work, you could pop by if really missing baby and if there is some emergency you are nice and close and dont have to go through a long, stressful drive speeding to get to baby.
  • Options

I have found the daycare issue to be pretty overwhelming.  My husband and I have been looking for 6 weeks and were surprised to hear that some places were full for the timeframe I would need.  One question I have and didn't see in your post is will you be the only one dropping off and picking up?  I work in another state so I'm relying on my husband to help, especially if I'm in a bind with traffic etc.  If you're the main person doing daycare duty then I would suggest looking close by your work otherwise.  If you're sharing responsibility then perhaps something at a midpoint location.  I will say, that my husband and I were looking originally in our hometown and ended up choosing a daycare in Manchester primarily because it had all the bells and whistles we liked and was affordable.  I hope you find one that you like and is available.  Keep us posted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you guys have good recommendations for daycares?
  • Options
    There are pros and cons to both...if you go close to home you and SO can drop off and she could go if you are sick (trust me this is so helpful). If you go near work you can nurse during breaks or visit, G/L in your decision.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    We chose Noah's Ark on East Industrial Park Drive in Manchester. When we reserved our spot a couple months ago, the first opening wasn't until September, but we are lucky to have a family member to watch our little guy for the summer (I'm due in March). Noah's Ark has an amazing reputation in the area. They provide lots of things, like snacks, baby food, formula (if you use the brand they offer). They group the kids in smaller age ranges than other daycares, which I liked since it's more developmentally appropriate. When we drive by there in the summer, we always see the kids outside playing. We know people that have used them, and no one had anything negative to say. You can drop in at any point during the day to check in on your baby. For tours, you can also drop in at any time. The prices seemed a little better than other places we looked at, and they offer financial aid if needed. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"