3rd Trimester
Options

when did/will your doctor strip your membranes

if you want him/her to do so???

Re: when did/will your doctor strip your membranes

• Options
    My Drs won't do it. They say if only causes unnecessary cramping, and if the baby is ready to come, they will come whether the membranes are stripped or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never had it done. I think that the doctors that would do it, wait until you've gone past your EDD, or your labor is stalled.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Dr did mine at 38w5d.  I was already 3cm and I forget what effacement, it put me into early labor.  When I saw her at the hospital that night she said I was already on my way at the appointment, she just 'helped me along.'
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine did the day before my due date with #1.  It was a Friday, so I wouldn't be able to see her on my due date.  I was extrodinarily uncomfortable, at 0 station, 2 cm dilated, and thinning.  It was painful to have it done, but I went into labor several hours later.
    Ethan George 11.4.06 Marcus Harvey 3.4.11
  • Options
    I am asking cause....I saw on a baby story yesterday that the woman was 38 weeks w/ baby #3 and her doctor suggested it...hoping my doc will think it's a good idea on Wednesday
  • Options

With DS my doctor did it at 36 weeks and again the morning of my induction at 37 weeks.  I had multiple problems with DS and she was trying to help me along.  We knew I was being induced at 37 weeks.

I don't think I'll have it done this go round unless necessary.  It was pretty painful.

• Options
    I asked my doctor at my last appt and he said he will probably do it at 38 weeks so I dont go past my due date like I did with my last son 11 days OD and was induced and still didnt wanna come out lol
  • Options
    Mine was going to do mine at my last appointment (39weeks) since I had been dilated a little over 1cm since 31 weeks...and I was closed.  I honestly did not even know that could happen but I guess my body was just telling me it wasn't ready.  If I'm dilated and my body is starting things on its own at my appointment tomorrow, she'll do it then. 
  • Options
    I just had mine done last week, my official due date is feb 4th (making me 37wks) but the 3 sonos that I've had say my due date is jan 26th (making me 38wks).  I'd say the cramping afterwards was worse than the actual procedure.  Don't get me wrong, the procedure was uncomfortable and hurt quite a bit, but afterwards it's just cramping.  I'm dialted to a 4 and 80% effaced, my midwife said I wouldn't make it to my appointment this Thursday...I'm ready to have this baby!!  Good Luck, I think it's worth it to hopefully help things along, worth the cramping afterwards!
  • Options
    My Dr. did it at 39 weeks with DD. I went into labor the next evening. I didn't think it was too uncomfortable, and it only took a minute. I did have a little cramping afterward, but not too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"