February 2011 Moms

Playing catch up!

Im seeing tons of great posts here! Damn, im really wishing I would have stumbled across this much earlier on in my pregnancy, but like I said I probably would have gotten far less accomplished! First off please excuse my post overload! Just want to see if I'm as ready as I think I am for a first time mom!

I packed my hospital bag about 3 weeks ago, after I went to L&D for some cramping and side pains. Turns out they were in fact contractions, but the nurse also said the monitor could also be mistaking the baby's movements for contractions (makes you wonder how reliable medical technology really is). But after that "scare" I decided to have my bag packed and ready to go just in case!

Please feel free to make suggestions as to what I should add, replace, toss all together...

-Nightgown for laboring process

-Robe for after delivery

-Pajamas for sleeping of course

-Granny panties

-Sports bras (dont want to buy nursing bras till i know how big im going to end up)

-Socks and slippers

-Contacts, glasses

-Basic toiletries (toothbrush, mouthwash, powder, deodorant..)

-Massive pads, witch hazel, nipple cream

-Onsies for the baby

-Going home outfit for both of us

-Vaseline for his first poo

-Phone charger, camera, ipod..

Any suggestions??? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Playing catch up!

• Perhaps snack for you and your support person? That way they don't have to leave you to go find food, and/or you can have something to eat late at night when the cafeteria is closed. If you are planning on nursing, a nursing pillow might be helpful, and then I am bringing an eye mask so I can sleep if there is ambient light from the hall or something.
  • Please feel free to make suggestions as to what I should add, replace, toss all together...

-Nightgown for laboring process Don't bring this. Use theirs.

-Robe for after delivery  ...Well, maybe. Your recovery room might be cold.

-Pajamas for sleeping of course Use a pair you've had for years so you're not upset when it gets stained with postpartum bleeding. And button up.

-Granny panties Better yet, use some old knickers. Save your money to buy pretty lacy things from Victoria's Secret after you're done bleeding like a stuck pig to replace the old ones.

-Sports bras (dont want to buy nursing bras till i know how big im going to end up) Bring a nursing tank, they come in S M and L. Choose the one that would fit you pre-pregnancy, it'll fit you after delivery.

-Socks and slippers Good. Add flip flops for that nasty shower in the recovery room. Do NOT go in there barefoot.

-Contacts, glasses  Just glasses. Contacts are too hard to deal with post partum.

-Basic toiletries (toothbrush, mouthwash, powder, deodorant..)

-Massive pads, witch hazel, nipple cream

-Onsies for the baby Good, just bring ones you don't mind getting a little bit of 'stump blood' stained on it. Like some plain white ones you can toss after it falls off.

-Going home outfit for both of us

-Vaseline for his first poo

-Phone charger, camera, ipod..

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Check with your hospital but most of them provide disposable underwear. No sense in getting granny panties and having them get ruined with the postpartum bleeding. I agree with Tiffany about getting a nursing tank and contacts being too much of a pain. As for pads; most hospitals provide those for your stay as well, save the ones you buy for when you get home(trust me you'll need them). I too have packed a pair of pajamas but may end up just using the hospital gown depending(again they'll get ruined from the bleeding). And of course snacks for your partner during labor and both of you afterwards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTiffanyTheMom:

-Socks and slippers Good. Add flip flops for that nasty shower in the recovery room. Do NOT go in there barefoot. 

I totally forgot shower shoes! Thanks! 

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"