Pregnant after 35
Options

Nausea is driving me crazy!!!!!!

I'm loosing my mind, I have nausea 24/7 , tired, weak, and lay in bed all day, when will this be over , Crying

Re: Nausea is driving me crazy!!!!!!

• Options

How far along are you?  Nausea *usually* eases up around week 11 or 12.

Stuff that's supposed to help...

Fresh ginger

Ginger "tea" - just fresh ginger with hot water poured over it

Watermelon

Plain crackers

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I am so sorry you feel yucky! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Yep it will do that! Get out of the house and get fresh air, along with "trying" to eat something/drink something. Mine still is here too and I am 21 weeks. I asked my doc for Zofran, if its that bad, just ask, its safe! Hang in there and hopefully it goes away soon for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks and though I *thought* I was done with it, the nausea is still very much with me. I understand it's maddening; I feel like a lazy, crank, tired old woman! :(
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nausea/vomiting expert here.  unfortunately...

I've got hyper emisis (which is latin for never stops throwing up...or it just seems like it).  I had it with both of my teenagers too.  Call your doctor and talk to them about meds - zofran seems to be the drug of choice usually (doesn't work for me).  I take Unisom every night - that does work for me (I 'only' thow up a once  day, and I'm used to the nausea at this point) But my case is extreme. 

But tlk to your doc - there are some great - and safe - meds out there to give you some relief.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

GL with your nausea, you should see your doc if none of the home remedies are working. It should subside soon; I'll hope for it to happen sooner rather than later for you.

I puked all day, every day with my last LO (born in October) for the second two months. So much that I started puking blood because I literally had nothing in my stomach - even a teaspoon of water made me puke. It was completely horrible! DH had to take me to the ER to get re-hydrated and have liquid Gravol. The ER doc prescribed Diclectin (that's the drug of choice here in Canada for hyperemesis gravidarum) that I was on until August along with Gravol for the first few weeks. I definitely felt better after that and could start eating again. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

I think everyone else has shared most of the advice you can use in this situation.  In my case, besides crackers, ginger, ginger ale, I've found there are certain foods that help me get rid of the nausea.  In my case it's tomatoes (usually romas), so we're buying quite a few pounds at a time.  Definitely let your dr. know if you can't keep stuff down.  In my previous pregnancy, I took promethazine (I think it's the generic for zofran) at the beginning and it seemed to help somewhat.

I hope the nausea goes away soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I totally feel ya! That's the way I was for about four weeks. Now, I'm still nauseous but I can at least keep some food down and get out of bed.

With my first pregnancy I had it for 6 months. The only thing I can really say is that eventually you kind of get used to it. It becomes "normal" to you. I get upset about it too though.

You can try mints, jolly ranchers or lemon candy. Those things helped me the first time. 

• Options
    Thanks for the advice girls, im almost 8 weeks, omg smeo of you are 21 weeks and still dealing with it, yikes, well im praying it ends by 2nd trimester . i do eat but it is so irritating when you eat and you still feel sick. i will keep you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"