Florida Babies
Options

Moving to the Tampa/Clearwater area-HELP!

My DH and I have decided to make the Tampa/surrounding area(s) our new home this coming spring!  I have just started looking at homes (renting, not buying) online and was wondering if ya'll had any advice on specific areas that would be good for a family with small children (DD is 13 months and we plan on TTC this summer)?  We don't mind living in the outskirts of town either, but we would like to stay within a 30 minute drive of Tampa. We currently live in AL, so most of our hunting will be done online.  We will be making a trip out there in a few months to finalize everything.  Any other advice/suggestions/concerns that you may have would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

mc #1~02/2004
mc #2~08/2005
mc #3~02/2008
Blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl on 11/22/2009.
The wait, though heartbreaking, was well worth it.
mc #4~03/2011
mc #5~11/2011
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Moving to the Tampa/Clearwater area-HELP!

• Options
    Tampa is HUGE. If you want more bang for your buck for renting (ie a house) The Brandon/Riverview/Lithia area has many options. Wesley Chapel is nice as well but is still growing (as can be seen by the constant construction)
  • Options
    I would recommend Clearwater/ Palm Harbor. Palm Harbor is a great for families and Clearwater is central to Tampa/St Petersburg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebabybchbum:
    Tampa is HUGE. If you want more bang for your buck for renting (ie a house) The Brandon/Riverview/Lithia area has many options. Wesley Chapel is nice as well but is still growing (as can be seen by the constant construction)

THIS!  I've lived all around and for me this area is the best.  It's cheaper than in Tampa but still established enough to also have alot going on.  Wesley Chapel is cool but there is still alot of building going on.  Also it's pretty far from the rest of the city.  I'd say it's about 30 minutes to get anywhere from there.  I live in Brandon right by the mall and if I hop on the Crosstown Expressway I can get downtown in about 10 minutes.  Basically, it's much more convenient than some of the other suburban areas.

• Options
    I would recommend Wesley Chapel. There is a little bit of traffic from road construction, but nothing like you get in Brandon. Wesley Chapel is more spread out and more suburbs...where I would still consider Brandon city living. When I visit my mother in Wesley Chapel it takes me about 15-20 mins to get to appts in Tampa. Wesley Chapel is up and coming and a lot of younger families are moving in. You may also want to check the Lutz area, its just west of Wesley Chapel and North of Tampa
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options

imagebabybchbum:

Yep, I totally agree on those two areas. We live in Riverview and there are tons of kids and really good elementary schools all over the place. Wesley Chapel (North Tampa) is also growing rapidly! There are more iffy areas in Riverview, so do A LOT of research before buying anything down here, Tampa is really hit/miss.

Good luck and welcome to Tampa!

• Options
    We moved down from MI about 3 years ago and have settled in Dunedin (boardering Palm Harbor). We absolutely love the area...close to the water, cute downtown areas and good schools :)
  • Options
    where  by the mall do you live i live in brandon by the mall also! my lo is 3 1.2 months
  • Options

imagebabybchbum:

I moved to Lithia in October and LOVE it here.  We live in Fishhawk..it's a little more money but the schools and people are wonderful!

• Options

imagebabybchbum:

I moved to Lithia in October and LOVE it here.  We live in Fishhawk..it's a little more money but the schools and people are wonderful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"