TTC After a Loss
Options

Trying for a boy/girl (mini-vent)

As I look through ttc info online I'm constantly stumbling across questions about "what is the best way to conceive a boy/girl" and a range of different things to consider to increase your chances of having one or the other.  This just always really pisses me off.  I would give ANYTHING just to have A baby...when all is said and done I will never care in the least if that LO is a boy or a girl!  Mini-vent over...
TTC in May 2009.
M/C July 2009.
BFP #2 6/1/11(1st cycle on Clomid)
Norah Lynn was born on 2/3/2012
TTC again January 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Trying for a boy/girl (mini-vent)

• Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if that was your biggest ttc worry?  Sigh, to be naive again.
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options
    Hear, hear!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBabyTrippin:
    Wouldn't it be nice if that was your biggest ttc worry?  Sigh, to be naive again.

This.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

imageBabyTrippin:

This. I wish we could all be that naive.

BFP-2/4/10 EDD-9/27/10 M/C-2/11/10 7w3d D&C and Methotrexate-2/19/10
    BFP-11/21/10 M/C-11/25/10
    Clomid Cycle #1-BFN
    Clomid Cycle #2-BFP-1/18/2011 M/C-1/26/2011
    BFP-5/18/11 Riley arrived 2/3/12 8lbs6oz 21.5in
  • Options

imageBabyTrippin:

This :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    But, if you need a little Saturday morning trainwreck...check out in-gender.com  Whackadoo for sure.
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options
    Beer My thoughts exactly! Or to hear people complaining about being pregnant is just the icing on the cake!
  • Options
    I agree My SIL and my brother have a baby boy about 6 months. She always says that she hopes when they have another one it better be a boy or she will shove it back up there it completely irritates the h*ll out of me. I have told her this. The day I had surgery she told me family I just am still to emotional since the loss that is why they did not bring my nephew to hospital. I am glad they did not because it was way to late for a baby to be out. I had surgery somewhere between 9 and 9:30 is when I went back for surgery. They were in my room along with my DH, mother and other SIL on DH side of family. I probably got to room about 11 pm I think. So way to late for baby to be out. I think people just do not get it that a healthy baby is the most important thing.
  • Options

imageBabyTrippin:
    But, if you need a little Saturday morning trainwreck...check out in-gender.com  Whackadoo for sure.

Just peeked for a second. Yikes!  Will you all celebrate if I get a degree from X&Y University? - I will serve cake decorated in chromosomes. 

I agree with you that it would be nice to only have this to "worry" about.

TTC in May 2009.
    M/C July 2009.
    TTC again January 2014

• Options
    AGREED!!!!  WTH is wrong with people!!  A healthy baby is a healthy baby!!  Wish that was all we had to worry or think about when TTC.  I have DS so yes it would be cool to have a girl, but I would never worry about it or try to do something to sway it that way.  We just want a happy healthy baby and DS wants a sibling!  That is all.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageMellimo83:
    Beer My thoughts exactly! Or to hear people complaining about being pregnant is just the icing on the cake!

I'm with you on that.  Complaining pregnant women is pet peeve number one for me!

TTC in May 2009.
    M/C July 2009.
    TTC again January 2014

• Options
    Gee..Indifferent Do they realize how I'd kill to be sucessfully pregnant right now with whatever I got.  Seriously, these ladies remind me of a crazy ex-coworker. She actually cried for a week when she found out she was having a boy.  Pathetic.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

imagebethanyreese:
    Gee..Indifferent Do they realize how I'd kill to be sucessfully pregnant right now with whatever I got.  Seriously, these ladies remind me of a crazy ex-coworker. She actually cried for a week when she found out she was having a boy.  Pathetic.

WOW!  That baffles me!  Every pregnant woman should count her blessings daily.  Some people are absolutely unaware.

TTC in May 2009.
    M/C July 2009.
    TTC again January 2014

• Options
    imageclauseka:

imagebethanyreese:

WOW!  That baffles me!  Every pregnant woman should count her blessings daily.  Some people are absolutely unaware.

She was totally melodramatic & thought she was so sure she was having a girl until she saw the ultrasound.  That ultrasound was totally "devastating" for her. Her C-section was another "devastating" blow for her as well.  I got to hear all about it. Indifferent

To top it off she's a smoker and did so while pregnant. 

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    imagebethanyreese:
    imageclauseka:

imagebethanyreese:

She was totally melodramatic & thought she was so sure she was having a girl until she saw the ultrasound.  That ultrasound was totally "devastating" for her. Her C-section was another "devastating" blow for her as well.  I got to hear all about it. Indifferent

To top it off she's a smoker and did so while pregnant. 

Grrrrr what a snatch. 

BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ahhh yes I was that person years ago.  I did not think "infertility" was in the cards for me.  After my first m/c I came back to reality and never talked about wanting a boy or a girl ever again.
  • Options
    Seriously!  Maybe if I could manage to get KU instead of going month after month with no luck I might feel like I wanted a certain gender.  I don't care - I just want a baby!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I was getting a manicure before Christmas and the woman at the table next to me was very pregnant. And she was telling her manicurist that it was a boy and that she "cried for days when she found out." She went on and on about how her husband was so excited and then saw her face and tried to curb it, because he knew she really wanted a girl. And she'd already bought a few little girl dresses, she was so sure it would be a girl. Also, she had no idea what to do with a boy. She then said she was okay with it now, she'd "come to terms with it" (how good of her). I felt like getting up and slapping her and telling her how lucky she is to be having a healthy baby, period. But you know, I didn't want to ruin my nails. ;)
    Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Options
    That is incredibly annoying. To all of us that are trying and have had losses, we all just want healthy babies. My MIL kept badgering us over Christmas how she wanted a grand girl and I how we needed to get busy. I wanted to yell at her at on so many occasions. I did finally tell her that we were trying and to just give us some time. My SIL has only boys, but it doesn't bother her. Why are some people (couples and family members alike) so obsessed with this. Can't they just be happy in being able to have healthy babies!
  • Options
    I've also come across info on how to naturally get pregnant with twins. I don't think people realize that there are extra risks with twin pregnancies. Unfortunately I know waaay more than I'd like to about all of the things that can go wrong during pregnancy. I'd be terrified if I got pregnant with twins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"