Houston Babies
Options

Need your help Htown ladies

I'm opening up a children's clothing store and I would like to know what you ladies would like to see at the store. I would also like to know what you ladies have a hard time finding, we will also have a local baby magazine and if you have any suggestions they would be appreciated. Thankx Ladies.Big Smile

Re: Need your help Htown ladies

• Options

good quality solid/stripe/dot coordinating separates (including leggings) that don't cost $40 each piece. 

Personally I'd like to see a lot of local/etsy vendors featured.  I love handmade items, especially dresses, hats, hair accessories for my girls and being able to shop for those items in person would be awesome.  I spend lots of time browsing Etsy, but would love to shop here locally for some of the same great stuff. If you'd like me to share some of my favorite vendors feel free to email me, kloftis@kloftis.com

• Options
    Boy clothing without words or sports that aren't $25+ for a t-shirt.  I also love th etsy handmade things.  I would love to able to pick something up and not have to wait for shipping.  Quality items at reasonable prices.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I COMPLETELY agree on reasonably priced solids. I found two solid items at Target a while back, a navy long sleeved t-shirt and a white long sleeved t-shirt. Both were in the toddler boy's department and I bought several of them for my little GIRL. 

I don't want to see any "I"m a sparkly awesome princess!!" stuff either.  

• Options

imagemelrrr:
    I don't want to see any "I"m a sparkly awesome princess!!" stuff either.  

This!!

I'm also having a hard time finding "pretty" stuff like newborn caps or mittens. Everything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is way too cutesy. Some of the prints and patterns nowdays just look really cheap, I like more classic looking stuff, not super frou-frou.

• Options

imagebpaullo:
    Boy clothing without words or sports that aren't $25+ for a t-shirt.  

YES.  This.  Affordable boys' clothing always has words, sports, dogs, dinosaurs, cars, etc.  It's so frustrating.  It's easier now that my son is a bit older, but it's still a challenge.

I like the handmade stuff too, but it's definitely important to be priced competitively.  I realize they'll usually be a bit more expensive because the items won't be mass produced, but the markup on these items in boutiques just seems outrageous.  

And non-pastel items for girls.  I like girls in red, deep blues, oranges, greens, etc.  Believe it or not, it can be really hard to find. 

• Options
    Dapper Snappers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes to cute boy stuff that isn't precious but no skulls or pirates or "bag guy" themes. Not too themed in general. I love Tea Collection, Wes & Willy, Appaman, Charlie Rocket. Would LOVE to see more from these brands locally. 

Where will you be opening? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"