Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Positive Pregnancy Test? Need advice!

I just took a pregnancy test and got a VERY faint "positive" line!  However - I need advice.  I didn't notice the faint line until I accidentally spilled a few drops of water on the results window - I went to wipe off the water (before i planned to throw it away!), and then upon a closer look I saw the faint line.

Can spilling water on the results window mess up the test?  I am hesitant to be excited.  Any advice?  Thanks!  (This all happened within 5-7 minutes of taking the test)

Re: Positive Pregnancy Test? Need advice!

• Options
    I would go take another test to just be certain. That has never happened to me so I cant tell you for certain. Good luck and hope its a bfp!
  • Options
    Take another test to be sure.
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think spilling water on the results window would do anything to the test but it's never happened to me so I can't say for sure.  Sounds like you need to take another test. 

Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Unless your tap water has hcg probably not but I would test again to be sure.
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies and think that you should take another test. However, if it is negative don't get completely bummed out just yet. Your urine may not be as concentrated. Wait until tomorrow morning and take another one with FMU (first morning urine). GL!
  • Options

imageLambie.:

Laughed.Out.Loud. 

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options

imageLambie.:

You beat me to it! LOL :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Test again
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Test again, maybe even with a digital this time. Then if it's positive, please go to 1st tri.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"