Orange County Babies
Options

so so sad!

I just got the letter that my OB, Dr. Lai, just dropped all her HMO patients.  I am sad but also annoyed because I could have changed to PPO back in October, but didnt.  grrrr!  So now I need a new OB.  We arent pregnant, but I want to find one before I begin trying so I am not stuck with one I dont like.  Its the second time that has happened, are all the good doctors going to drop their HMO patients?  Great!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so so sad!

• Options

girlfriend! I so feel your pain! Thankfully I have found Dr. Clayton and I'm in love again! Except for one of his office staff who confuses me sometimes. Dr. Clayton is family oriented, very caring, his office is electronic and have easily squeezed me when I have needed it. I have gone to him three times now and so far it was been a great experience!

We need to have lunch soon! Next week sometime!

• Options

trying to delete a duplicate post!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think I am going to switch to Clayton.  One because my coworker went to him and loved him and 2, I am lazy and since I work up the street, it will be very convienient for me!  I have heard good and bad, but I think I have heard good and bad reviews about all the Hoag affliate GNP doctors!  So I will give him a try and see what happens.  The worst case scenario... I don't like him and I switch to a new one. 

Linz... sorry to hear about what happened.  I think they are all overloaded with patients these days, but that is no excuse for how you were treated.  :(  I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage too!  :(  You need to come to mom's night out with our mom's group (I just realized we were in the same one the other day when you said you couldnt make it to Red Robin!  I was like, hey I know that picture of that little boy!  hahah)

Littlecorazon... yes lunch next week for sure.  Lets meet in the cafeteria.  They are having French Dip day next week.  My fav... yum!

• Options
    I will try it make it soon! I am dd the post. Don't want to bad mouth him to everyone:/
  • Options
    Dr. Clayton and miscarriage? Kinda freaks me out to hear that. He was highly recommended from many women where I work but I need an expert in not letting miscarriages happen.
  • Options
    I am in the EXACT same boat! I just delivered in Sept, so Dr. Lai let me know at my 6 week PP appt, but that didn't cushion the blow at all. On the hunt as well..

• Options

ugghh, wtf?!?!  I haven't heard any of this, and I was just in the office last week!  I have POS (point of service) it's a combination of PPO and HMO.  So I can still use her, but I don't want to pay the fees associated with my PPO.  My HMO is so awesome, when I had my daughter I walked in and out of Hoag and didn't pay a thing.  I've read on the nest the different copays that others have to pay, and I don't even want to think what my copay will be now.  uggh. 

I really don't want to switch drs right now, so hopefully, my PPO won't be too expensive.   Well, I guess that's one more question to ask when I have my appointment next week.

• Options

APK... thats weird!  In the letter it said that she was dropping HMO and EPO.  If you are pregnant, she will keep you thru delivery and the 6 weeks post appt.  If you arent pregnant, she will continue seeing you until April.  So you are fine, that is why they probably didnt say anything.  I think they are going to continue billing thru Greater Newport until April.  Then after that... I have no idea.  I just switched doctors.  I have no idea how much copays and all that would be, so I just decided to find another OB.  I think we are going to start trying for #2 at the end of the year, but I wont switch to a PPO just to stay with her.  I didnt pay a dang thing the entire time either and I liked that!  :)  If I like the new one, I will just stay with him.  He is closer to my office anyways, for all those weekly appts and what not.  I ran into Dr. Lai walking down the street last week, random huh!  We were in San Juan Cap and she said she had to do it to cut back on patients because she wants to go part time.  I cant blame her, she was like me... once you actually have the baby you are like, "wait?  I have to go back?  What?"  when the whole time leading up to it you were like heck no I dont want to stay at home, that would suck.  Definitely ask at your next appt, but they should have told you about it! 

• Options
    imagemisslb02:

APK... thats weird!  In the letter it said that she was dropping HMO and EPO.  If you are pregnant, she will keep you thru delivery and the 6 weeks post appt.  If you arent pregnant, she will continue seeing you until April.  So you are fine, that is why they probably didnt say anything.  I think they are going to continue billing thru Greater Newport until April.  Then after that... I have no idea.  I just switched doctors.  I have no idea how much copays and all that would be, so I just decided to find another OB.  I think we are going to start trying for #2 at the end of the year, but I wont switch to a PPO just to stay with her.  I didnt pay a dang thing the entire time either and I liked that!  :)  If I like the new one, I will just stay with him.  He is closer to my office anyways, for all those weekly appts and what not.  I ran into Dr. Lai walking down the street last week, random huh!  We were in San Juan Cap and she said she had to do it to cut back on patients because she wants to go part time.  I cant blame her, she was like me... once you actually have the baby you are like, "wait?  I have to go back?  What?"  when the whole time leading up to it you were like heck no I dont want to stay at home, that would suck.  Definitely ask at your next appt, but they should have told you about it! 

Ohhh, okay, good to know.  I'll still ask, but I guess that's why they didn't tell me about it, since I'm due in March.  Gosh, that's a relief to know that I'll still be under my HMO when I deliver.  Big Smile

Yea, I don't think the SAHM mom thing is for me, but working part-time would be.  Just no way we can afford that right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"