North Florida Babies
Options

Okaloosa hospital for delivery?

My Ob/Gyn is over in Ft.Walton and I think she primarily works at White Wilson. However, I have heard that Sacred Heart in Sandestin has a better reputation. Any comments? Suggestions? TIA!

Re: Okaloosa hospital for delivery?

• Options

I will be delivering at Ft. Walton Beach - docs are Hennesey and Miser.  The only way that will change is if this little girl has any more issues with her heart - then I will hike my butt to Pcola.  I am new to this area so I know nothing about the hospitals except for what I've been hearing and the comments have not been so hot about FWBMC.  Although I have a close friend and my SIL that both delivered there and didn't really complain about it so we'll see... I did hear on a totally different note that if you are Medicaid that Destin is more prone to "work" with you - whatever that means... I guess the rates are cheaper?? There is no NICU there and I would NEVER deliver there for that reason alone.  My DS was transferred to a NICU right after birth so I will only deliver where there is a NICU - especially now knowing that DD has fluid around her heart...

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know that we're going to deliver out in Sandestin..Sacred Heart.  It's a great hospital.  my DH is a medic..he in no way wants to deliver in FWB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at Sacred Heart in Pensacola.  I didn't get good reviews about the area and were even told by some mothers they wished they could or could've gone to Sacred Heart.  I love it. I was happy and referred because of high risk. I liked the way I felt there and would recommend them any day.
  • Options

Well now I will say I'm scared... haha! I have not heard good things about FWB... some ok not all bad but... It depends on my little girl anyhow! Thank you ladies for your info!!!

• Options
    I delivered at fwbmc in october.  my doctor was not on call so dr. miser delivered my ds.  she and l&d nurses were great.  postpartum nurses were another story.....if you are ebfing be prepared to put your foot down and ignore their unsupportive wretched attitudes. luckily we had a fantastic nurse the last day because i was so discouraged by the other ones.  the peds was not so great but get a good outside peds and call them if you have issues thats what we did....rooms are nice and private suites for rooming in.  message me if you want more info.  best wishes
  • Options
    I STRONGLY suggest Sacred Heart. I live 45 minutes from there and delivered there anyway. Great nurses, great facilities, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"