Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How did LO get his/her name?

2»

Re: How did LO get his/her name?

• Options

I had SEVERAL names I liked way before DH....luckily he liked most of them.  We tweaked the list together.  I knew that I wanted to name my first daughter Alanna, a name I just fell in love with.  We went with Mae as her middle name, which is my middle name and a family name on both sides of my family (spelled the same way).  I wanted to continue it, since none of my cousins had used that in their LO's names.  After the fact I felt a little weird that she had my middle name, and asked if he wanted to change it, but he said no and that he loves it.  So she is our little Alanna Mae.  If we had a boy, his name would have been Lyndon Alan.  Lyndon is one of my brother's middle names, and I have always loved it.  FIL's middle name is Alan.     

Now, when we have the next one I don't know what we will do... we had names picked out, but several of our friends have used those names.  We have talked about still using them, because they were names we had picked out years before we met these friends.  Lillian or Josiah. 

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I lost a bet :( my husband has always liked the name Gus....I refused to put Gus on the birth certificate so we agreed on August. Lesson learned...never make a bet on you future childrens names!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We picked Mia's name based on its meaning. Mia means "My Beloved" Her middle name Marie-Lyn is after my MIL's middle name (Marie) and my moms middle name (Lyn).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are Cubs fans:

DD- Addison = a street in front of Wrigley Field

DS- Ryne = Ryne Sandberg. My DH's favorite Cubs player of all time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We got Anna from the song "Anna Begins" by the Counting Crows.  Her middle name is Marie b/c that's my middle name and my mom's middle name.  I'm trying to keep the tradition going.  Our biggest issue is everyone thinks her first name is "Anna Marie." 

• Options

imageemilyheps:
    I lost a bet :( my husband has always liked the name Gus....I refused to put Gus on the birth certificate so we agreed on August. Lesson learned...never make a bet on you future childrens names!

OMG Thats funny. FWIW, August is a great name! My DS has this same Popeye onesie LOL

DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

DD's first name is Alaina, which means beautiful, we got it out of a baby name book when I was like 8 weeks pregnant but it just felt right.  We call her Lainey for now but wanted her to have a "grown up" name for when she's older. 

Her middle name is Marie, which is my middle name and MIL's middle name and SIL's first name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"