Pre-School and Daycare

question for brightning

What kind of cookie cutters do you use and where do you get them?  Thanks!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: question for brightning

• Is there a specific one you're looking for? 

I have lots! I got a big set from Oriental Trading a few years ago that has all the letters, numbers, basic shapes and cutters for each season. I actually don't use those terribly often, but enough to make it worth the $15 or so I paid.

The other ones I just buy when we're out and I see them! Grocery store, Target, World Market, Michael's, etc. I also like the sets of the same cutter in different sizes by Wilton (I get those at Michael's). Biscuit cutters are good, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks.  I guess I was more wondering if plastic ones were good enough to do real food or if I need metal.  I know I have seen Wilton stuff at Michaels, so I will look there next time.  I'm hoping to start doing a cute lunch once a week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess it depends on what you're cutting. The plastic ones are fine for things like cheese. For bread, they're not so great unless it's a basic shape.

Michael's usually has a coupon in our Sunday paper, so I always make sure I use one when I'm buying baking supplies there.

You can make so much with just a basic circle cutter! Good luck and I can't wait to see what you make! 

• Can I butt in and ask you a question too?  I've been buying metal cookie cutters (mostly made by Wilton), and they seem to rust really easily.  I hand wash them so it's not like they are sitting there all wet in the dishwasher...how do you clean yours?
  • Mine do the same thing and I also hand wash them. The heavier duty metal ones by Wilton (that have a rubber grip) don't do that, but they're huge. Sorry, no answer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"