Pre-School and Daycare

xp: Prepping activities/crafts for 3 year old big brother...

xp:

My SIL mentioned that when she came home with baby #2 it was helpful to have small gifts, stickers, etc for her 2.5 year old DS.

I thought that I would spend the next few weeks making fun activities for DS to do. He is used to having a strict schedule and crafts, activities on most days b/c I watch other kids.  I plan to put things in large envelopes and be able to pull them out as needed.

That being said I am looking for things like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/59461802/lowercase-alphabet-kit  or making a graph and cutting a bunch of animals out of mags and having him put them into "wild" or "farm" categories. Or printables for worksheets and coloring pages. (Found this site, seems awesome! https://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-printables.html

Let me know if you have other ideas or activities that I could prep now and that he would be able to do mostly by himself. 

Thank you Thank you!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
I love these two beautiful children!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: xp: Prepping activities/crafts for 3 year old big brother...

• This bag has some Busy Bags that she made for her little one- maybe some of her ideas will be useful:

https://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/search/label/Busy Bags 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Here is a list of ideas that I came up with today:

Shanata..... here is a list of ideas that I made today:

*letter matching... I have foam letter stickers. I will make a column of them and then put in the matches in an envelope. DS can put the stickers together to make a match.

*cut pics from a magazine and have him put them into "wild" and "farm" animals.

*I am going to print words and glue them onto card stock with words to label things around the house (chair, door, toys, couch, etc). I will give DS tape and let him put them around the house.

*Print or cut pics from a magazine and have DS glue them onto a sun for summer or a snowflake for winter.

*On a big piece of paper I will put numbers and a space for DS to glue on buttons, or put stickers to match that number.

*Going to print 2 pics of each family member (g parents and such, or all of ds's 12 cousins) and then we can play family bingo.

*I am going to find a blank (paper) clock and let DS glue on the numbers. Maybe I will write the numbers on the clock so that he is just matching them.

* With foam stickers I will start a shape pattern and give him enough stickers to finish the pattern.

*Make a color by number rainbow (can use buttons for the colors too!).

*I am going to make a family book with names written and DS can glue pictures onto each page,  matching the name with the person.

*Give DS a blank umbrella and some cut up pieces of tissue paper to glue on and decorate with.

*Easter coloring pages.

*Going to print Hanny Mandy and Mickey Mouse (Ds loves!) and their friends. I will let him glue the friends on the same page as the main characters.

*Make a match with buildings and workers (post man, police officer). Or workers and trucks.

*With an empty egg carton and old Easter eggs I think that I can come up with a few fun games. Maybe put a number sticker on each and then hide that number of things inside.

That is what I have so far. I have 10 weeks or so to prep it all and more. I think that it will be a lifesaver to have these things all prepped in a box in the pantry.

Hope that others can use these ideas too! :)

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  •  All of the ideas that you posted already sound great. 

The site makinglearningfun.com has a TON of activities that are sorted by theme or type of project you're looking for.  I always go on there and print off far more things than I will ever get around to using.  There are just too many great ideas and not enough time. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"