Detroit Babies
Options

New to Bloomfield Hills and five weeks preg.

Hi all,

I just found out that I am pregnant and my husband and I are new to the Bloomfield Hills area. I don't know where to begin finding an OBGYN and which hospital should I deliver in.. does anyone have any recommendations.

Re: New to Bloomfield Hills and five weeks preg.

• Options
    I love Somerset OB in Troy and they only deliver out of Royal Oak Beaumont.  Dr. Long is great because I was extremely high risk and was very confident with him and when my DD was born at 29 weeks RO Beaumont NICU was the best!
  • Options
    I go to Generations OBGYN on Woodward and 15 mi in Birmingham. They deliver out of RO Beaumont. This is my first, so my experience so far is just pre-natal appts
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJess&Mike:
    I go to Generations OBGYN on Woodward and 15 mi in Birmingham. They deliver out of RO Beaumont. This is my first, so my experience so far is just pre-natal appts

I go to Generations as well. I had a great experience with my DS and so far this pregnancy everything has been great.  They are very punctual with pre-natal appointments and I love that!  All the doctors in the practice are very nice. I see Dr. Loerhke (she delivered DS), but I've seen them all.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

I go to Michigan Women's Health Institute.  They have two offices: one in Clawson and one in West Bloomfield.  They deliver out of Royal Oak Beaumont.  Drs. Charfoos, Goldberg, Brickman, and Hutton are my favorites.

https://www.michiganwomenshealthinstitute.com/

• Options

The practice I use is called Comprehensive Women's Health, and Dr. Lana Powell is the OBGYN. She has locations in Birmingham and Oxford. She delivers out of Royal Oak and Troy Beaumont hospitals. She is amazing! I could not have been happier with my birth experience. Here is the website in case you want to get a little more information about her and her staff. 

I seem to have problems with getting my link s to be clicky, so you may have to copy and paste.

https://www.comprehensivewomenshealth.net/

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Dr. Diwan.  She's on Southfield, between 12 and 13 mile.  She delivers out of RO Beaumont.  I liked this hospital the best and others who have delivered there had great stuff to say about it.  Plus they have a level III NICU.  If you go to Henry Ford (West Bloomfield), they don't have that option and have to send your kid to Children's Hospital.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagestr8ota:
    I love Somerset OB in Troy and they only deliver out of Royal Oak Beaumont.  Dr. Long is great because I was extremely high risk and was very confident with him and when my DD was born at 29 weeks RO Beaumont NICU was the best!

I also go to Somerset OB in Troy.  Dr Garcia delivered my DD, and I love him!!  All the doctors there are great, I highly recommend them.

https://www.somersetgynob.com/index.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs. Erin:

imagestr8ota:

I also go to Somerset OB in Troy.  Dr Garcia delivered my DD, and I love him!!  All the doctors there are great, I highly recommend them.

Dr. Garcia did my c-section and I love him too, all the drs are great there!  I spent 4 weeks in Beaumont on bed rest before DD was born so even though I already had a great relationship with Dr. Long I got to know the other drs very well and they really are a great team.

• Options
    I am sorta new to the area and I found Women First OBGYN n Royal Oak on Woodward at 13 mile. It's an all woman dr group ob/gyn. So you see them all for visits and then whoever is on call delivers your baby. So far I have seen Dr. Moore and Dr. Fishbaugh. LOVE DR. MOORE!!!!!!! I was also impressed with Dr. Fishbaugh, especially because I have heard some bad stuff about her, but she was great for my brief routine visit with her.They deliver at Beaumont Royal Oak which is two seconds away from their office. They also do their ultrasounds/bloodwork in their office (except for genetic testing).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagestr8ota:
    imageMrs. Erin:

imagestr8ota:

Dr. Garcia did my c-section and I love him too, all the drs are great there!  I spent 4 weeks in Beaumont on bed rest before DD was born so even though I already had a great relationship with Dr. Long I got to know the other drs very well and they really are a great team.

I have to triple agree with this!  I LOVE Somerset Ob/Gyn!!! 

• Options
    If you don't mind driving to West Bloomfield (Maple & Orchard Lake, not very far from BH at all), Women's Health Care Physicians (also known as Women's Health and Menopause Center) have been really good to me so far. It's my first pregnancy, so I haven't had a delivery experience yet; but they seem caring and proactive, get you in early for your first appt (I came in at 4 weeks, which is really early, some doctors make women wait until 9 or 10 weeks to come in) and will do an ultrasound if they suspect a problem. The front desk is also pretty nice, though can be a bit busy at times, and they have wonderful ultrasound techs. There are 5 OBs--two men and three women--and you have to cycle through them throughout your pregnancy in order to familiarize yourself with the doctor who will deliver you. They deliver out of Henry Ford West Bloomfield, which is supposed to be pretty nice. And they have late (and I mean LATE--like 7 pm) Monday hours, which is ideal for a working patient like myself.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    missliz01.... where on earth did you get your adorable baby picture taken? I am going to be new to the area and will need a recommendation on pictures and yours is just TOO cute!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"