Philadelphia Babies

Roll call

This board is always so slow but each post gets a ton of views so I know there are people lurking.   How about everyone give a little intro to liven the board up, even if it is just for today...

I'm Erin - married to DH for a year and 1/2, we have one daughter and live in Montgomery County (Royersford), had DD at Paoli and both work around KOP.  I mainly lurk the boards but post on slow days at work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Roll call

• I have started coming over here more from the DC boards.

I am Lauren, married to DH for almost 7 years.  We have 3 kiddos aged 5, 2,and 6 months.  My oldest will be starting K next year :)

We are both from Lancaster and have been living in DC since graduating from college.  We are excited to be moving to Havertown this summer :) 

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • I am also Erin :) Live in the Lehigh Valley with my DH and DS, who is 14 mos., and our chocolate lab, Georgia.

I'm a baby & child photographer, DH works in insurance. We just moved back to PA this Summer; we both grew up here but had been in NYC and then Austin, TX for a few years.

This board needs to pick.it.up!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEMTX:

I am also Erin :) Live in the Lehigh Valley with my DH and DS, who is 14 mos., and our chocolate lab, Georgia.

I'm a baby & child photographer, DH works in insurance. We just moved back to PA this Summer; we both grew up here but had been in NYC and then Austin, TX for a few years.

I work in insurance too!  I'm an underwriter for a carrier in KOP.  But I'm jealous of your job - that has to be fun/interesting!

• Hi ladies!!

I'm Courtney, my DH is Josh.... we were married April 24, 2010 in Fort Lauderdale. My husband is from South Florida and moved up here in 2007 :)

We live in Montgomery County (Horsham) and we are due with our first baby (90% a girl thanks to an elective ultrasound last night!) on June 13, 2011.

I work as a drug safety associate for a very large pharmacuetical company and my husband is a sales consultant for a large advertising firm.

We live with my first two babies, Shluffy & Rigby (cats) in our townhouse and I'm very excited to meet my LO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • imageEMTX:

I agree!  I will be asking a lot of newbie questions in the next few months, so I will try and do my part! 

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • imagespecial382:
    imageEMTX:

I agree!  I will be asking a lot of newbie questions in the next few months, so I will try and do my part! 

Good!   And good luck with the move!

• imagecourtneybrooke921:

Hi ladies!!

I'm Courtney, my DH is Josh.... we were married April 24, 2010 in Fort Lauderdale. My husband is from South Florida and moved up here in 2007 :)

We live in Montgomery County (Horsham) and we are due with our first baby (90% a girl thanks to an elective ultrasound last night!) on June 13, 2011.

I work as a drug safety associate for a very large pharmacuetical company and my husband is a sales consultant for a large advertising firm.

We live with my first two babies, Shluffy & Rigby (cats) in our townhouse and I'm very excited to meet my LO!

Congrats!! 

• Hello I'm Megan. DH and I have been married for 3 and a half years. We have 13 month old triplets, 2 boys and a girl. We live in Bucks county and had the trio at Abington Hospital. DH works and I SAH currently. I do a lot of lurking some posting. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageerincon8:
    imageEMTX:

I am also Erin :) Live in the Lehigh Valley with my DH and DS, who is 14 mos., and our chocolate lab, Georgia.

I work in insurance too!  I'm an underwriter for a carrier in KOP.  But I'm jealous of your job - that has to be fun/interesting!

It is! (re: mine)...

DH works for Progressive in Allentown.  Not as interesting for him. :)

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey girls!

I'm Lisa from South Philly!  Yep, I've been here all my life!  DH and I have been married for 3 years.  DH is from Caracas, Venezuela.  He's been in the US for 10 years, but still sounds like Scarface!  LOL LOL (Yeah, we think the fact that LO's nickname will most likely be Tony is hilarious!)

This is our first LO and we couldn't be more excited!  DH is especially looking forward to no longer being the only guy in our family!  That little Ewok you see in my avatar pic is Bella, my four-legged baby, who is a 7 year old Shih Tzu.

P.S.  GO PHILS! 

• My name is Samantha. I live in Havertown but have been in the area all of my life, originally from Abington. I work as a medical Social Worker in the city so in between meeting with patients I lurk on the boards:) My DH works as an insurance underwriter and I still have no idea what that means! We are expecting our first in June and besides being so excited, am a bit nervous too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was nice to "meet" you ladies and hopefully more come out from lurking.  Congrats on all the new babies to come!
  • Hello! It's nice to see a proactive post like this! I don't check in over here very often because it had been so slow, but I'll do my part to help pick it up. Philly is such a big city, so there has to be quite a few of us.

My name is Stephanie and I live in West Philadelphia with my FI, Brandon. We met six years ago while we were both working at PETA's headquarters in Virginia, but only got together a year ago. He's a full time student (Biblical Studies) at the school he was going to in Memphis, TN, but is beginning to look into transfering to one in our area. I'm a server at Mad Mex in University City/Penn campus. I've worked there for about two and a half years and enjoy the place...usually.

I'm very into crafting/decorating/organizing. I tend to have crafting ADD - all over the place! I knit, crochet, cross stitch, embroider, can make perfume, custom tattoo glitter (so it looks like your ink is some futuristic type with infused sparkle!), hair clips, pins, pendants (the Baby on Board pendant is my latest! I also make them out of old vinyl records), mixed media art/scrap art, the list goes on...I enjoy photography. I focus on urban decay, americana, and graffiti. My urbanflowerpot name is taken from exploring rundown, overgrown rubble and finding (in several locations) gardens others had set up. Oh! which reminds me, I love container gardening.

Brandon and I just found out last night that we're having a boy!! It was my first u/s - tres exciting! I'm interested in many aspects of attachment parenting and BF. We're due in late May around the time of my own birthday.

My family lives in Bethlehem, PA, and my brother is a police officer in Fountain Hill. I lived there for some years, but I've also lived in Southern California, Cambridge and Northampton, MA, Norfolk, VA, Portland, OR, Seattle, WA (just a few months!), annnnd I think that's it Surprise

I was also a preschool teacher for 11 years.

My dream was to go to perfumery school.

Until a few month ago I rode my bike everywhere.

Julie West is my favorite artist.

...and I am obsessed with PEEPS. The candy.

<3

• Hi girls!  I am Jaimee, been married for just over 5 years.  Our first baby is Bailey, our husky.  And we also have twin girls that are 18 mths old.  DH is a police officer in Phila so we live in the NE, at the edge of the city.  Looking to move out of the city limits in 2012 when the ban is finally lifted.  I check out this board every so often and cannot believe for how big of a city we are, that this board is crazy slow.  Hoping it picks up eventually.
  • imagejbl126:
    Hi girls!  I am Jaimee, been married for just over 5 years.  Our first baby is Bailey, our husky.  And we also have twin girls that are 18 mths old.  DH is a police officer in Phila so we live in the NE, at the edge of the city.  Looking to move out of the city limits in 2012 when the ban is finally lifted.  I check out this board every so often and cannot believe for how big of a city we are, that this board is crazy slow.  Hoping it picks up eventually.

Yay for another member of the thin blue line family!

What ban are you referring to? We're also hoping to move out of the city in a couple of years.

• Hi Everyone!!

I moved to the Roxborough/Manayunk almost a year ago... And soon after moving here my H and I decided to have a baby. We don't know too many people in the area anymore, so I'm hoping this would be a good jumpstart. 

This will be our first LO...  So we're excited, nervous, scared, happy and a whole mess of other feelings that I'm sure are normal with having your first.  But more happy than anything else.  :)

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • imageurbanflowerpot:

imagejbl126:
    Hi girls!  I am Jaimee, been married for just over 5 years.  Our first baby is Bailey, our husky.  And we also have twin girls that are 18 mths old.  DH is a police officer in Phila so we live in the NE, at the edge of the city.  Looking to move out of the city limits in 2012 when the ban is finally lifted.  I check out this board every so often and cannot believe for how big of a city we are, that this board is crazy slow.  Hoping it picks up eventually.

What ban are you referring to? We're also hoping to move out of the city in a couple of years.

Well, ban is not really the right word.  More of the "rule" that we have to live in the city.  But this rule has been lifted and as of July 2012, if you are on the force for more than 10 years, you can move out of the city.  I am so looking forward to next summer. 

• imagejbl126:
    imageurbanflowerpot:

imagejbl126:

Well, ban is not really the right word.  More of the "rule" that we have to live in the city.  But this rule has been lifted and as of July 2012, if you are on the force for more than 10 years, you can move out of the city.  I am so looking forward to next summer. 

Ah, yes. That rule.

• Hi! I have been on these boards for-ev-er, but mostly as a lurker. I started on the Knot, then switched over when they made "Babies on the Brain" a board on The Nest, then have wound up here since those baby boards became The Bump. I guess next is the Retirement Village--or whatever cutesie name they will come up with for the next website. :-)

I come here every so often just to see if there's any advice I can give on the area since I've been here my whole life! I grew up in Havertown and now live in Newtown Square. I've been married for 7 years. We have two little girls, ages 5 and soon to be 3 (in less than 2 weeks).  I work part-time from home, which I was doing even before we had kids. DH works in Newtown Square also so we are mostly a bunch of homebodies! I love the area and plan on never leaving. :-)

• imageWBs_Bride:

Hi! I have been on these boards for-ev-er, but mostly as a lurker. I started on the Knot, then switched over when they made "Babies on the Brain" a board on The Nest, then have wound up here since those baby boards became The Bump. I guess next is the Retirement Village--or whatever cutesie name they will come up with for the next website. :-)

This made me smile...but I think you came up with it yourself: The Village. Just think of all the wisdom we'll have by then! Geeked

• I am new the site.  My DH and I married in April of 2009 and are TTC #1.  I have a 5 year old step daughter.  We live out in Chester County.  I am in Downingtown.  I am a 5th grade teacher and he is an accountant.  Hoping to be active on the boards.  I know I will have lots of questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"