School-Aged Children

Update regarding bullying

Per several peoples suggestions I sent a message to the principal Friday afternoon.  I got a message Sunday night asking a couple question and also asking me to let DS know that the principal would want to talk to him about the situation (another kid threw his hat & gloves on the bus and DS got off the bus without them). 

The principal brought DS in and talked to him, then brought the other kid in to get his side of the story.  Other kid said said that DS had is head pushed up against the window and that is why he threw his stuff.  So the principal brought DS back in together with the other kid and asked the other kid what happened and he repeated the story, principal asked DS if that was true and he said no he didn't push the other kid's head up against the window.  Other kid said oh yeah I forgot that did not happen.   Principal called kids mom and let her know what happened, she was very sorry and embarrassed.  Between the school and bus driver they will seat them apart from each other.    

This went farther than we had wanted but we are happy with how quickly the principal and transportation director responded.  

Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07

Re: Update regarding bullying

• I'm happy to hear that the principal handled the situation quickly and professionally.
  • Actually, that sounds like an ideal outcome to me.  The kid (who clearly acted in an aggressive, inappropriate manner) was called out on it, and will be held gently accountable for his actions.  Your son knows that he doesn't have to tolerate this kind of crap from other kids.  The school and the bus driver know to keep an eye on the situation.

Sounds like a "win" all around! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"