Indiana Babies
Options

Tired all.the.time

I feel like I'm in my third trimester...when I had super low iron levels... and I need nap by lunchtime.  Lauren has actually been sleeping long stretches and so have I, so I know something is wrong.  I had my biopsy today for my irregular pap (good times!) and my doc took some blood samples to see if it's my thyroid. 

Anyone have this happen (fatigue for seemingly no good reason)?  Any other ideas of what to look for?  I'm scared to death to go back to work next week feeling so tired.

Re: Tired all.the.time

• Options
    aw :( I'm sorry! I hope you get some easily-fixable answers soon!
  • Options
    I hope you're feeling better soon!
    I get this way sometimes in the winter. Maybe it's that? (You need more sunlight/Vit D) I hope it's something easy to fix like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is how I felt when I was anemic.  Maybe you just need iron supplements again?  I hope it's nothing major and you get some results soon.  It was so hard being that tired and working.
  • Options

I felt like that even before I was pregnant... blood test showed that I have a vitamin D deficiency so definitely since it's wintertime and you aren't getting as much sun, I'd look into that. 

I had just started feeling better (taking vitamin D supplements) and then got pregnant... now I'm feeling tired all the time again Smile

• Options

I was going to say thyroid.  I have an underactive thyroid and when I'm not on my medicine I'm tired all.the.time.  Like I could sleep for days, seriously, and it wouldn't help.  Hope you get some answers soon.  

P.S. - are you super cold all the time too?  And do you have super dry skin?  Those were 2 of my other noticeable symptoms. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

After DS #2 started sleeping longer stretches, my body felt worse and I felt more tired.   Nothing was wrong - thryoid was fine (I have hypothyroidism and am medicated), iron was fine.

It was just like my body saying "Ohhh, you finally got sleep.   You need more to make up for all that."

It took a several weeks for the longer stretches of sleep to have an effect on my sleep-deprived body/mind.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEMWindy:

After DS #2 started sleeping longer stretches, my body felt worse and I felt more tired.   Nothing was wrong - thryoid was fine (I have hypothyroidism and am medicated), iron was fine.

It was just like my body saying "Ohhh, you finally got sleep.   You need more to make up for all that."

It took a several weeks for the longer stretches of sleep to have an effect on my sleep-deprived body/mind.

This is kind of what I was thinking too!  I was anemic after my surgery but I am the iron consumption queen and I don't have any of the other symptoms of hypothyroidism.   I hope the blood results will help me figure out what to do next.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"