Kansas Babies
Options

When to tell

When do you guys think it is okay to start telling your friends/coworkers? I admit, I already have told a few close friends. I am on the 7th week, and am planning to tell my parents closer to week 8. I know it is a personal decisions, but I would really like some advice.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When to tell

• Options
    I couldn't keep the news to myself with several of my friends being pregnant already. When I found out I was pregnant I thought I was 6 weeks along, but it ended up being only 4 weeks, which is a lot earlier than I would have liked to have told but I was just too excited. Many suggest waiting until around 10-12 weeks, but I say whatever you are comfortable with is what you should do.
  • Options

We went to our first Dr. appointment on 12/16/2010 and we were thinking that I was 9-10 weeks along. When they did the first ultrasound I was only 6 weeks and 4 days. I wanted to wait to tell our parents but since we were that close to Christmas and we had a family christmas party at our house that night. we decided to go ahead and tell that night after the Dr. appointment. Since to two familys don't really get along that well we had to tell them all at once so one did not know before the other. My husband I decided to tell family the night of the 16th only being 6 weeks and 4 days. I think when you are ready you should tell.

Anniversary Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Because I had had a previous loss, I waited until I was 9 weeks and had seen the baby's heart beat on the ultrasound. 
  • Options

You should tell friends and coworkers whenever you are comfortable.  I would be cautious of telling too many coworkers before telling your boss, just because you will want him or her to hear it from you and not the office gossip.

Personally, DH and I waited to tell family until 13 weeks and friends later that same week.  I told my boss at 14 weeks.  I would have preferred to wait a bit longer to tell them at work, but I was already beginning to show.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"