Stay at Home Moms
Options

starting to get bored at home

I can't believe that I'm feeling this way but I'm starting to get bored a little depressed being a SAHM.  I absolutely love and cherish my time with my son but I am surprised at how much I am missing having a professional life.  I get out everyday and have several social activities throughout the week but I just feel in a rut.  Anyone else feeling this way?  I don't necessarily want to go back to work but I'm having a hard time.  Advice?
BFP: 6/4/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 7/12/10, M/C @ 5wks | BFP: 1/5/11, M/C @ 4wks
Unexplained secondary infertility...bleh. Gave it a few more tries and BFP on 3/31
#1 Beta @ 10DPO: 9 #2 Beta @ 14DPO: 194
My BFP Chart Lilypie Maternity tickersimage

Re: starting to get bored at home

• Options
    No real advice for you but i understand and feel the same way from time to time. total catch 22.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

This my first time really on this board.  DH and I both want me to continue to sah, but it gets hard sometimes.  I'm especially nervous with winter right around the corner.  At least when it's nice out I can take ds to the park.  I only worked half-time, but this is still a huge adjustment.  And, for me at least, I could get out more, but getting out tends to cost money which we have less of with me home.  But I can't imagine not being home with him everyday.  Like pp said - catch 22.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I know you don't need to hear this but as someone who is working right now but will be staying at home as of Nov, try to remember those bad days at work. I know it is hard when you are not doing it everyday, but I am trying to lock up all these bad days at work and store them away for those winter days when I am missing being a career woman. I know it has got to be hard and I am trying to get prepared for the challenge. one thing I keep thinking about, is there any type of volunteering you can do with a a baby. I know it sounds insane but I would love to make a difference in other people's lives but I would want to bring DS. I'm just throwing things out there but what about going to an adult care facility? Well maybe not, it might be dirty or unsanitary. I'm just thinking of things so that I feel accomplished while still spending time wtih DS....I'll keep thinking and post if I think of anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"