North Dakota Babies
Options

Baptism

I am going to a baptism tomorrow.  I have only been to one when I was little.  I don't know what to wear, should I dress up?  I know it is in a church but are jeans and a cute shirt appropriate or should I go cuter?

What is appropriate to give?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Baptism

• Options

I would go a bit dressier - always better to be dressed up than underdressed.

Here we give cash, but my Cali friend gave Mari the best little gift for her baptism - it was a little trinket box for her first curl or teeth.  It was perfect because the priest cut a chunk of Mari's hair off and I immediately had a place to save it.

Also, my mom gave Mari a really pretty frame with a beautiful Bible verse on it.  What about something like that?

• Options

I agree with Cris.  I would go a bit dressier. 

We also give money here.  I got a few smaller gifts for Caroline as well, but they were in addition to a check or savings bond.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would wear what you would normally wear to a semi-formal wedding.  A nice skirt and top would be perfect.  I'm sure there will be people there in jeans but just in case there's not you don't want to be the only one!

I also give cash as a gift.  How much I give depends on how close I am to the family- usually $10-25 ($20-50 if I'm invited with a guest).

• Options

I would go a bit dresser....maybe dress pants and a nice shirt, or a dress.....

Most people give money..usually around 25.00 or they give some sort of personalized gift....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"