Pregnant after IF
Options

Should we tell BIL?

We are trying to decide if we should tell my DH's brother that we are very early pregnant...he is getting married later this summer/fall and called my MIL yesterday (the IL's know what's going on with us) and told her they are now thinking of doing a destination wedding, or maybe a cruise in August or Sept. Not that I want them to plan around us, but thats when we are due!!  If they knew, they might wait and do later Sept or Oct., but I don't really know. We wouldn't be flying anywhere or even leaving the area around our due date and I know he would really be crushed if his brother (my DH) wasn't there. The other dilemma is that we don't exactly know our date yet. According to what I type in the computer, it sounds like if its 1, the date is Sept. 7th and if its twins, its Aug. 16th. What do you think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should we tell BIL?

• Options

Yes, I would tell him. But I wouldn't say anything about his wedding. That's for him and his fiance to decide.

Please don't assume your babies will be born a month early if they are twins. Look at me as a prime example. I will have my babies probably very close to 39 weeks by the time this is said and done.

Also, if it is twins and they are born early you don't really know what the situation would be and (god forbid) if they would have NICU time which could preclude you from attending the wedding in September or October.

For this pregnancy I was restricted from traveling by plane at 28 weeks (not because of health issues, but because of the labor risk that flying can cause.)

• Options
    Hmm, that's a tough one.  I would assume they're going to clear the date with necessary family members before they start setting things.  If not, ask your IL's to tell him he can't set the date until he clears it with you, hopefully by then you'll know more about your due date, if it's multiples, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Niki- very true on the wide date range needed before or after what is expected from the beginning. I have no idea what to expect, I am lucky if I think I know what to expect next week!  This has always been a day by day thing for us- maybe I'll just let my MIL handle it with them for now
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"