January 2011 Moms
Options

water broke!!!

so i have been laying in bed awake since  two with a horrible headache feeling like today was going to be the day when my water broke.  at first i felt like i peed myself and layed here wondering then the gush came, so far no contractions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: water broke!!!

• Options
    sorry my phone doesnt let me use any caps 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow...make sure to call doctor or go to hospital within 24 hours to avoid infection. Your LO is on his way! I am waiting for something to happen as well...just have pressure in vagina area no contractions.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am planning to call obs office as soon as they open or ld when contractions become regular.  i know i should be trying to sleep but it isnt working
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow..congrats to you.  Wish you a speedy, peaceful delivery:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Exciting!!  Best wishes on a wonderful delivery.
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Good luck! My water broke without contractions and when I called the on call doc he said to wait until contrax were 2-3 minutes OR to come in 12 hours later (whichever came first.) I will say I was happy to hear that the 24 hour rule is not always hard and fast. They told me they would monitor my temperature to check for infection but as long as my temp stayed normal they would let labor proceed.

I still wasn't having regular contrax after 12 hours so they augmented with pitocin and I had an awesome labor and my baby girl arrived 6 hours after starting pitocin. 

Good luck!

• Options

imagedebperdoo:
    i am planning to call obs office as soon as they open or ld when contractions become regular.  i know i should be trying to sleep but it isnt working

Call the on call number, they'll want to know right away, trust me!  Try to relax as much as possible now and good luck!!  :)

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i want my water to break!!!
  • Options

imageBoriolebridet2B:
    i want my water to break!!!

Me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"